one: the bet

"P-please let me go," the freshman girl struggled in the grip of the older.

"Have you forgotten we're your sunbaes? You're supposed to greet us properly," the male growled.

The girl tried squirming her hand free, but failed.

"Jeon Jeongguk! What do you think you're doing?" a loud voice hollered from across the hall.

All of their attention, including Jungkook's posse of two at the moment, went towards their principal, Mr. Lee. "Let go of her right now!" he yelled approaching them.

Jungkook dropped the girl's hand, rolling his eyes in the process. The girl bowed to the principal as he approached her and the hooligans.

"You can expect an apology from Jeon here soon. Return to class," he told her, turning his strict gaze to Jungkook. "It's only been an hour since I last warned you, Mr. Jeon, must you always go around looking for trouble? Go Jangsoo and Nam Sochun are also here I see." He took a pause to let out a sigh of disappointment. "Look, I get that you guys are a group of teenagers trying to be cool, and I've told you this many times, but I'm trying to keep our school's record straight, meaning I do not want to suspend or even expel anyone this year. The parent council seem to already be suspicious of you. Stay out of trouble. You all got it?"

The three were quite bored, they've heard these same words a billion times, well maybe only a million for Jungkook as he only transferred there couple months ago.

"Yeah yeah Mr. Lee, we get it. Let's go guys," Jangsoo said, starting to walk back, the other two ready to follow his lead.

"Hold on a second there boys," Mr. Lee stopped them in their tracks. "If I see you loitering and doing these kinds of things once again, severe punishments will be given. Oh and, all three of you have detention."

Jungkook smirked, knowing the principal would never do anything to ruin the school's well kept reputation, and skipping their so called detention would be easy. All they had to do is sign in and make sure someone there signs out for them before they leave, which is as soon as the supervisor falls asleep.  "Of course Mr. Lee."

Mr. Lee watched as the boys walked off. "You better be returning to class." Just as he said that, the bell rang, signalling the period has ended, the period right before lunch.

Jungkook turned, the same smirk still plastered on his face, he waved "seems like we don't have to. See yah later Principal Lee!"

The hallways became crowded quickly, hiding the the boys away from Mr. Lee before he can say anything.

•—•—•

"Ahhhh," Taehyung said as he threw a grape at Hoseok, which landed on his forehead instead of the intended target, his mouth.

"Lame aim dude," the others laughed.

"Whatever," Taehyung said but laughed along.

"Everyone's going to the dance, right?" Jimin asked, to which the boys nodded.

"And then we watch the game?" Hoseok confirmed, earning more nods.

"So," Jin stretched out, "does anyone have a date?"

"Hyunji asked me, I couldn't say no," Yoongi said. The boys whistled immaturely, Namjoon who went as far as poking his sides.

Yoongi glared at Namjoon, but a smirk formed on his lips as a sudden idea popped in his mind to tease his best friend back. "So, Joon, have you asked out the person you've been crushing on?"

"What?" Jimin yelled, surprised at himself for getting so triggered. "I mean, what?" he said using his inside voice. "You never told us you had a crush!"