four: starry night

The music blasted through the gymnasium, students dancing like there was no end. School dances were always great. Food, drinks, music, no teacher supervision, the night was planned to be fantastic. Everyone who came would leave satisfied, these dances were foolproof. It's always been like this for Taehyung, a night to forgot all his worries and enjoy it with his friends. They'd group into circles, students Taehyung has even barely talked would join in to dance. This was the part Taehyung enjoyed the most. His usual nights of bliss weren't the same for this dance. His usual stress-free self was groaning whenever he saw a drink spill or students "accidentally" pop the balloons filled with glitter.

"Dude, what're you so tensed for. Have some sprite," Hoseok said, leaving the dance floor to join Taehyung on their table.

"The guys are gonna kill me when I tell them I can't watch the games."

"You're not joining us?" He exclaimed, nearly spilling his drink but was saved by Taehyung.

"Careful, I'm stuck on cleaning duty for the stupid food fight I didn't start."

"That's sucks man, but I don't think I saw Jeongguk here, shouldn't he help you?"

Taehyung raised his gaze from the table decorations to meet Hoseok's eyes to show his seriousness. "He better, or I don't even know what I'm going to do. I'll be stuck on cleaning duty for the rest of the year." The boy groaned, pulling his hair. "That transfer student's seriously drives me crazy!"

"Just give up with the bet, Tae. It's impossible."

The boy shook his head. "No, I'm too into this. It's not even about the bet anymore. The kid's gotta learn a lesson, he's been getting on my nerves lately."

"Well, I wish you the best of luck. Now, stop sulking and come dance!" Taehyung was pulled in the dance floor. He decided there was no use in worrying about the mess that was being made, and began dancing. As everyone cheered him on, he became his usual self.

•—•—•

"Gross!" Taehyung shrieked, picking up the soggy garlic bread from the floor and dumping it into the big trash bag.

"Tae, you sure you don't want us to help. We could get this done in an hour if we did it together."

Taehyung shook his gloved hands at the boys who looked down at him in pity. "And what? Miss the game? No way! You guys should get going before it starts!"

They insisted on not leaving him behind, something about 'bros before hoes' although there were no girls involved. This made Taehyung suspect if someone sneaked in some alcohol. After much persuasion, the guys finally agreed to go to Namjoon's house and send him daily updates as they watch.

Ten more minutes into cleaning, Taehyung became tired of crouching down. The cleaning committee were sent home by the principal's order, so he was left all alone. "Damn you, Jeon Jeongguk!" he screamed into the empty room.

Little did he know, he wasn't alone. Jeongguk had actually shown up, but observed him from afar. He hadn't planned on coming at first, not wanting to seem weak in front of the older. He also thought about what could possibly happen if he didn't show up, he wasn't once called the school's terror for no reason.

"What am I even doing here?" Jeongguk mumbled to himself, turning to leave. He stopped as soon as he heard Taehyung scream out his name. The red-head turned back to see Taehyung through the window. With a sigh, he opened the door, making his entrance as cool as possible.

Taehyung looked up when he heard the door close, an angry smile forming on his lips. "Nice of you to finally join, Jeon."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, Softie. Where's the rubber gloves?"