twenty-six: liar liar

Taehyung twirled his pasta between his forks lazily. Dark circles were painted under his eyes, matching a sad frown, as if all the colours in him were drained out.

"Baby, is something wrong?" his mother asked, placing a hand on his forearm. "It's your favourite." Mrs. Kim had noticed he'd been feeling down for the past few days, so she requested her husband to make his famous pasta again.

"Just don't have that much of an appetite today," Taehyung replied, giving her a small forced smile. It wasn't just today, the boy's been eating the bare minimum and doesn't even like showing up to eat with his friends at lunch because he knows they'll force him to.

Mrs. Kim nodded. As she was about to say more, her husband's phone began ringing. Mr. Kim took a quick look. "It's Chisoo, remind me to call him back. Must be about the meeting in Hong Kong."

"Alright. How is he, by the way? Still moping around?"

"Chisoo? As usual. We all try to set him up on blind dates but he just won't budge. I mean, the woman is probably married with kids. She left him because her parents said so, why does he still love her?"

Taehyung sighed, hoping he didn't end up like his father's friend in his last year of high school. He really needed feeling all depressed. He lost Jeongguk, he needed to accept it and move on.

She continued, "Well Boram was a very pretty woman. He looked into her bright eyes once, and baam, guy's fallen. Her smile was quite unique too."

Mr. Kim raised a brow. "Her smile?"

"Yeah, it was like the boy Taehyung had over. Oh right, sweetie, how's Jeongguk doing?"

"Huh?" Taehyung looked up being caught off guard. His parents hadn't mentioned anything about Jeongguk since the day he left. Since then, a week had passed and Taehyung had been trying his hardest to forget about him. The feelings he had for him just wouldn't go away. Well of course, feelings weren't as simple as taking down the paintings of them from his wall.

He gulped, not wanting to think of how the boy might be doing in Hong Kong. "He's okay," Taehyung answered simply. "Dad, how's the thing between you and Jeon's Incorporation?"

His dad looked at him questionably. Taehyung has never once been interested in his father's business or discussed on any of his matters. "Well, we came to somewhat of an agreement. Not as before, but things are looking good. Now that you say, did you know Jeongguk was his son? Gosh I can't believe I talked about his father in front of him like that, he must've felt so uncomfortable. I hope he didn't leave because of that."

"His father is Mr. Jeon?" Mrs. Kim asked. "The man was nothing like his son when we met. Did you know about this Tae?"

Taehyung put down his fork and sat up from his chair. "I'm feeling a little sick. Please excuse me." Without letting his parents spill out their concerns, he left the dinner table and ran up to his room, immediately falling on his bed. He buried his head into the pillow to muffle out his cries. The last thing he needed right now was for his mom or dad to find him crying over a boy. Then he'd also have to come out and Taehyung was just not ready for that, and not like this.

With shaking hands, he took a hold of his phone and turned in on. The bright light irritated his eyes before it calmed down. Messages from his friends started rolling in one by one, but a series of text caught his attention, one that he knew he needed to reply.

Somi
text message
yesterday 6:08 pm

What the hell happened? Is
it true Jeongguk is in Hong Kong?