epilogue: surprise

"Make sure to pay attention to the highlights and shadows that curves around the subject. Don't just swipe blacks and whites randomly, remember how we talked about that the previous class?" Taehyung said. A few of the students nodded, but most continued working on their painting as they were so concentrated. Taehyung circled around, giving tips or tricks to those who seemed like they needed it, helping them learn their way around oil paint.

The man smiled, proud of himself for being the one to teach the kids all the skills. His thoughts were disrupted as the room door opened breaking the silence. His head shot up, his smile not disappearing. They also managed to get the students attention.

"What brings you here again, Officer? Another killer on the loose you came to warn us about?" Taehyung questioned, grabbing a towel to wipe the paint that might've gotten in his hand.

"Actually, a student complained to me that you were a terrible teacher. Is that true?"

"Didn't know they were sending officials to deal with these kind of matters."

Jeongguk smiled, a short laugh escaping his lips. He came to the front of the class, leaving the man that had come with him at the door.

"Well class, how is Mr. Kim treating you all?"

The students looked back at him blankly. They all kept quiet. Well of course, the youngest of the bunch was an exception. The twelve year-old girl jumped out of her seat. "Which bimbo said my prince is a bad teacher?" she yelled bravely, shocking Jeongguk a little.

"Minji, language. You should be more respectful to someone who serves and protects your community," Taehyung advised, doing his best not to laugh.

The girl frowned and folded her arms. "Sorry," she mumbled.

"Your prince, y'say?"

"Yes! The prince that I'm going to marry!"

Jeongguk nodded. "Right," he stretched out. He looked around the class and the diversity of ages. There were even a couple university girl here as well giggling to each other. They must be the same girls he sees keeping Taehyung from getting home after class by bombarding him with useless questions.

"What about you girls?" he asked to one of them.

"Us? Oh yes, we completely agree with Minji."

Jeongguk flashed a fake smile. "Well, I must've received wrong information. I'll be off, then." The male went back to the door, but before leaving, he turned and gave a very innocent grin. "Nice ring, Mr. Kim."

The students all watched the door close and then their gaze quickly change to their teacher's hand. Most didn't care, but the few who had crushes on their art teacher felt dumb for never seeing it.

"Mr. Kim, you're married?" one of the university students screamed.

Taehyung smiled and scratched the back of his neck. The students had never really noticed the ring amongst the many others, as usually they were always mesmerized by his soothing voice and beautiful face. There were definitely going to be student who won't be returning next class, and all due to his jealous baby.

•—•—•

"Don't you have anything better to do, I don't know, like catching a bad guy, than coming to my class?" Taehyung asked, entering the car. He saw Jeongguk's co-worker in the back, scrolling through this phone and scoffing at the boy's comment. "And he drags me along too."

"Oh shut up, both of you. It's cause you were telling me those girls kept keeping you after classes and asking dumb questions yesterday."