Jason I

Disclaimer: All the words in bold and characters in this story are not mine. All rights go to Rick Riordan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite being on a quest to save the world from the personification of itself, Leo Valdez was actually having a great day.

Leo knew it was only a matter of time before Murphy's law decided to rear its ugly head, but  decided not to worry too much about the catastrophe waiting to happen and focus on his first conservation with Hazel.

Well, it definitely wasn't the first conservation they had, but it was the first one that lacked the usual awkwardness between them.

"There are really people who read those and like it?" Hazel asked, breaking his train of thought.

"Yeah, some of the books even became movies." Leo evenly replied, struggling to hold back his laughter.

"But..." Hazel paused, not knowing where to begin. "It's a horrible horror book. I don't even think there is a single scary moment in the series."

"It's not a horror. " Leo corrected, not bothering to hide his smile this time. "It's a romance."

Now Hazel was dumbfounded. Leo let her recollect her thoughts as he continued silently stirring the ship.

"But... He's a monster."

"Uh-huh."

"A vampire who drinks blood..."

"Yup."

"Um...does he drink her blood by the end of the series? "

"He refuses to because he loves her."

Hazel threw her hands in her face, obviously regretting agreeing to let Leo update her on what's the latest of the new century.

"But... He's a monster."

"Yeah, we already went over that." Leo said with a laugh. "He also sparkles in the daytime."

Hazel looked like a lost small child in the mall.

"Wha... Tha...N-None of that makes any sense!"

"Welcome to 2013." Leo said with a over exaggerated bow.

"This century is so weird." Hazel concluded, grabbing a fist full of her hair.

"I agree." said a familiar voice behind them.

Hazel and Leo turned, surprised to see Nemesis sitting on the edge of the boat.

Tossing a empty fortune cookie shell overboard, the goddess of revenge read the fortune out loud.

"About time I got out of that cookie." Nemesis gritted her teeth. Tearing the tiny paper into shreds, she tossed those overboard too.

"That's not even a fortune!" Nemesis growled, grabbing another cookie from the basket.

"Nemesis? What are you doing here?" Hazel asked.

"It has nothing to do with you, Hazel Levesque." Nemesis assured. "However, you, Leo Valdez, are a different story."

It was nice while it lasted. Leo thought with a sinking feeling in his stomach.

"It's time you paid the price, Leo Valdez."

Leo kissed goodbye the closest thing to normalcy he ever had, and began deciding what color did he want his eye patch to be.

Hazel's own eyes widened at Nemesis' statement.