Jason XXXII

"Jason XXXII," Travis read, his voice full of excitement.

It took all three of them to hold back the satyr. "Whoa, Coach!" Jason said. "Bring it down a few notches."

Grover winced. "We don't even know if they're dangerous yet..."

Leo tossed an eraser back and forth between his hands.

A younger man charged into the room....He was dressed in pajama pants with a sleeveless T-shirt that said cornhuskers, and he held a sword that looked like it could husk a lot of things besides corn. His ripped arms were covered in scars, and his face, framed by curly dark hair, would've been handsome if it wasn't also sliced up.

The Aphrodite kids exchanged whispers and giggles as they pushed each other around.

Lit immediately zeroed in on Jason like he was the biggest threat, and stalked toward him, swinging his sword overhead.

"Hold on!" Piper stepped forward, trying for her best calming voice... Lit stopped in his tracks, but he still looked wary. It didn't help that Hedge was screaming, "I'll get them! Don't worry!"

"Not helping Gleeson..." Grover muttered. They might have a chance of talking their way out  of this, if you don't threaten the owner.

..."Let's all put our weapons down," Piper said. "Coach, you first."

Hedge clenched his jaw. "Just one thwack?"

"No," Piper said.

"What about a compromise? I'll kill them first, and if it turns out they were friendly, I'll apologize."

"You're kidding, right?" Nico said dryly as Clarisse laughed.

Annabeth sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"Please tell me he get's better after this," she told Leo.

Leo sheepishly smiled. "You'd think that but..." 

He trailed off and glanced at the pencil eraser in his hand.

Great. she thought sarcastically.

"No!" Piper insisted.

"Meh." Coach Hedge lowered his club.

Piper gave Lit a friendly sorry-about-that smile... Jason felt a little jealous she was giving Lit that smile.

Aphrodite giggled.

Lit huffed and sheathed his sword. "You speak well, girl—fortunately for your friends, or I would've run them through."

"Appreciate it," Leo said. "I try not to get run through before lunchtime."

"It tends to ruin the appetite." Apollo chuckled.

....[Bathrobe Man] "Well, since you're here. Please, sit down."

Lit frowned. "Your Majesty—"

"No, no, it's fine, Lit," the old man said. "New land, new customs. They may sit in my presence. After all, they've seen me in my nightclothes. No sense observing formalities."

"So far so good..." Percy said. Maybe this can work out?

Leo tossed the eraser in the air before trying to catch it. He missed and it landed on the floor.