Jason XIV

"Jason XIV," Drew read out loud.

Jason Woke To The Sound Of Thunder

"It's not him." Thalia said when everyone else instantly turned to Zeus.

Then he remembered where he was. It was always thundering in Cabin One.

"How do you expect anyone to sleep with that noise?" Apollo asked.

"Don't ask me," Zeus replied. "Hera designed my cabin." *

"I guess that explains why my cabin doesn't even have a bathroom." Thalia glared at the queen of the gods.

"There shouldn't be anybody sleeping in there." Hera huffed, as if that explained everything.

Above his cot, the domed ceiling was decorated with a blue-and-white mosaic like a cloudy sky...

Except for the cot that the other campers had brought him, the cabin had no regular furniture- no chairs, tables, or dressers. As far as Jason could tell, it didn't even have a bathroom.

"Don't bother looking, you won't find one." Thalia glared daggers at Hera.

Hera sneered back.

Leo spun the coin like a top. It barely twirled before collapsing on the floor.

...In the center of the room, a twenty-foot-tall, full-color statue of Zeus in classic Greek robes stood with a shield at his side and a lightning bolt raised, ready to smite somebody.

"Why did you put that in there?" Chris asked Hera.

"Because Zeus kept insisting that to have that statue in there. Personally, I would have left it empty." she told him.

It actually would've been a little tolerable without the statue. Thalia thought.

Jason studied the statue, looking for anything he had in common with the Lord of the Sky. Black hair? Grumpy expression? Well, maybe.

"Maybe?" Leo laughed, putting his remaining coins in his pocket. "More like Hades yes."

He stopped laughing when he saw the death glare from the god of the Underworld.

Beard? No thanks. In the robes and sandals, Zeus looked like a really buff, angry hippie.

Zeus sputtered.

Poseidon openly laughed while Hades wore a small smile on his face.

"Good," Poseidon said. "Now his ego has been deflated back to its regular size. Thank you Jason."

"I told you no one was going to take that statue seriously." Hera smirked at her husband.

"There's nothing wrong with my statue!" Zeus snapped. "He just has no respect for his elders!"

Yeah, Cabin One. A big honor, the other campers had told him. Sure, if you liked sleeping in a cold temple by yourself with Hippie Zeus frowning down at you all night.

"Hippie Zeus." Poseidon chuckled. "I think I'm going to use that nickname."

"It has a nice ring to it." Hades agreed.

Zeus groaned.

Leo rhythmically tapped his fingers on the wall. 

Jason got up and rubbed his neck. His whole body was stiff from bad sleep and summoning lightning. That little trick hadn't been as easy as he had let on. It had almost made him pass out.