Jason II

Disclaimer: All the words in bold and characters in this story are not mine. All rights go to Rick Riordan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jason II." Athena began.

"Do all the chapters have the same titles?" Percy asked.

Athena flipped through the pages of the book.

"No," the goddess of wisdom said, "after this Jason chapter, the title will change to Piper. Then after the two Piper chapters it will change to Leo chapters."

Leo, doodling with a black sharpie on Clovis' face, looked up at the sound of his name.

"The pattern repeats itself after the Leo chapters are finished."

"Maybe they are a change of point of view. First Jason, second Piper, then Leo." Annabeth said, not noticing the son of Hephaestus' jaw drop.

"Awesome!" Travis said, his voice full of excitement. "Now we get to read Leo's thoughts!"

Leo paled.

"Perfect blackmail, here we come!" Connor added.

Leo bit the inside of his cheek so hard he could taste blood. Read my thoughts?! What?! Why would they want to read my thoughts? There's no way they can actually do that, right? I don't know about Jason's, but there's no way this book can have my thoughts! That's impossible! I don't remember having time to write anything down! I don't even remember having enough time to eat!

Leo took a deep breath and shakily releasing it. He noticed his clenched fist was beginning to ignite in tiny flames and quickly put them out before anyone could notice. Then, it hit him.

I don't know why Nemesis wants them to read these books, but  they're not going to be reading my chapters. He gave his uncurling fist a mischievous smile. Not if I can help it. 

He tried not to stare at the book in Athena's hands. Instead he kept himself busy by drawing a huge smiley face along with the words 'WASSUP?' on Clovis' cheek.*

The Storm Churned Into a miniature Hurricane. Funnel clouds snaked towards the skywalk like the tendrils of a monster jellyfish....Leo lost balance and almost toppled over the railing, but Jason grabbed his jacket and pulled him back.

The demigods and Hephaestus let out a breath they didn't realize they were holding.

Leo made a face at their actions.

Oooookaaay... Did they forget I was still sitting here alive or... What?

"Thanks, man!" Leo yelled.

"Go, go, go!" said Coach Hedge...but she looked calm and confident-telling the others it would be okay, encouraging them to keep moving.

Aphrodite smiled proudly at this.

She would make a great hunter. Artemis thought.

"I'm surprised she's able to be so calm in this situation." Katie said. Fates knew she wasn't during her first monster attack.

Jason, Leo, and Coach Hedge ran toward them, but it was like running through quicksand. The wind seemed to fight them, pushing them back.

Dylan and Piper pushed one more kid inside, then lost their grip on the doors....Piper tugged at the handles....

"Dylan, help!" Piper shouted.