2장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Daera furrowed her lips when Ari turned off the music and the boys started cheering for finishing their Dance Practice. The room smelled ... awful by now and not even the perfumed Seulgi slogan that was still around her neck. Some of the NCT Dream members laid down on the floor, breathing heavily, while one cheerful young boy walked over to Daera, waving happily.

Daera faked a smile when the smell of sweat and male endorphins reached her nose. "How was the Fan Signing? Ari-hyung told us you were meeting Red Velvet today!" Zhong Chenle greeted Daera before sitting down next to her.

Daera knew Chenle due to visiting her Uncle at the NCT dorm from time to time. Chenle always greeted her friendly and talked with her, making the two of them acquainted really fast. Chenle was also the member Daera was the most comfortable with. 

But not right now when he smelt ... awful.

"Geez, Chenle you stink." Daera huffed and Chenle laughed. "Of course I do. I was dancing the whole afternoon. Now tell me of the Fan Signing!" Daera smiled at his words and wanted to say something when MC Ari walked towards her. "I hope you're fine with Take-out, Daera. I am getting some for the boys. Do you want something as well?" - "Is Daera-noona eating with us?" Chenle asked with a bright grin and Ari nodded.

"Yes, she is. She has to wait for me and I have to drop her off at home before bringing you back to the dorm, hence she is eating with us. So?" MC Ari looked at his niece who only nodded. "Whatever you get, make it extra spicy for me!", the high school senior announced and smiled happily. Ari chuckled and nodded before walking out of the room. 

"Chenle, we're going to take a shower before the food comes, are you with us?" One of the boys called out to the Chinese member who nodded and stood up. "I'll be back!" Chenle promised and waved before following his members. Daera sighed and looked around the, now, empty practice room.

The smell of sweat was still hanging in the air so Daera got up from the couch and walked to open the windows before looking around the practice room. A sly chuckle left her lips at the thought of Red Velvet practicing in a room like this. 

Daera danced in front of the mirror, doing some Red Velvet dance moves but laughing once she saw how awkward she looked dancing. "Glad I never got to be an Idol." The seventeen-year-old smiled and walked back to her seat on the couch.

She took the Slogan off her neck and gently wiped the dust off it before cuddling into it. She wanted to praise the Slogan when the door opened and one of the NCT Dream members came back, a towel hanging around his neck and droplets of water rolling down his forehead. His reddish hair was messy once he sat down on the other edge of the couch, continuing to dry his hair, without speaking to Daera.

Daera watched him for a while, trying to remember his name, but she couldn't think of it. She stared at him intensely and he suddenly turned around. "I know I'm handsome, no need to stare that much." The boy suddenly chuckled and once Daera heard his voice she could remember his name; Lee Donghyuck!

Daera looked away. Unsure of what to do or to say. She wasn't very comfortable with the NCT Members, except Chenle, so she was sitting there, awkwardly holding her Seulgi slogan, hoping for her uncle, or at least Chenle, to come back quick.

"You're an ReVeLuv?" Donghyuck suddenly asked and Daera looked up and nodded. "Been with them since SM Rookie days." Daera said proudly and smiled at Donghyuck. "Then you remember the SM Rookie Boys?" - "No. I was only a fan of the SM Rookie Girls. I was super happy when Yeri got added to RV's lineup!" Daera smiled and Donghyuck pouted. "Why not the boys?" - "Because I liked the girls." - "Why the girls?" Daera could sense Donghyuck getting irritated with her answers and sighed.

"I like Kang Seulgi. She's my crush." Daera simply said and Donghyuck widened his eyes. "Crush as in Real Crush or Celebrity Crush?" He asked, his voice shivering a little bit. Daera tilted her head. "Not sure yet. All I know is that I love Kang Seulgi with all my heart. She is the most beautiful and talented woman I have ever laid eyes on." Daera cuddled into her Slogan and Donghyuck opened his mouth to say something when Chenle and Jeno entered the room.

Chenle laughed seeing Donghyuck's face while Daera was cuddling her slogan.

"Fangirls are interesting, right?" The young Chinese chuckled and Donghyuck scuffed. "Fangirls" Donghyuck looked at Daera who was now looking up and in his direction, "are sometimes pretty scary." He looked away and Daera cocked an eyebrow. "You know that Fangirls and Fanboys are the reason you and the other boys get paid, right?" Daera asked and rolled her eyes.

She was already annoyed with Lee Donghyuck. He was irritating her. Before Chenle came inside and made his stupid Fangirl-Comment he was actually okay. But then he ruined it with calling them 'scary'. Daera carefully folded her slogan and put it in her glittery bag pack that automatically caught Chenle's attention.

"You have a new keychain!" He smiled and walked over, kneeling in front of Daera and looking at the holographic keystrap that said 'Red Velvet SEULGI'. "Taeho got it for me." Daera smiled and put her slogan into the bag pack. "Your boyfriend?" Donghyuck asked and Daera cocked an eyebrow at him.

"He's my best friend." She simply answered and put the bag pack between her and Donghyuck, hoping her Uncle would soon come back. She didn't really like Donghyuck and she was already getting tired from the long day. She had school tomorrow as well and she hadn't studied a bit the whole weekend because she was busy fangirling about Kang Seulgi.

A sigh left Daera's lips when the door to the practice room opened and the rest of NCT Dream came inside, MC Ari right behind them. "Finally!" Daera muttered under her breath, but Donghyuck heard it and scoffed once more. 

He wasn't that keen on Choi Daera either.