4장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Donghyuck felt Daera's grip tight on his arm. The eighteen-year-old girl was shaking slightly and Donghyuck smiled carefully. He never knew that Daera liked Red Velvet's Seulgi this much. He looked at her before averting his attention to his Sunbae that was slowly walking towards him.

"Gimme five minutes!" Kang Seulgi called towards Irene, who only nodded and entered their practice room together with the rest of Red Velvet. "Did you just finish practice?" Seulgi asked before petting Donghyuck's fluffy hair. "Yeah, we just finished shooting the dance practice," Donghyuck answered and looked at Daera.

"This is my ... friend." Donghyuck said. "Choi Daera. She is a big fan of you." Donghyuck led Seulgi's attention to the Highschool Senior that was staring at Seulgi with big doe eyes. Seulgi smiled. "I remember you!" The idol cheered and held her hand towards Daera, for the younger girl to take it. "You're the girl that danced Red Summer at the fan meeting, right?" The Idol asked.

Daera quickly lets go of Donghyuck and took Seulgi's hand in hers. "Y-Yes. That was me and my friend." Daera stuttered and smiled at Seulgi, tears suddenly forming in the corners of her eyes and Seulgi send her caring smile. "My, my!" The singer spoke at the first tears rolled down Daera's cheek.

"Don't cry, love!" Seulgi comforted Daera and pulled the fangirl into a soft hug. "I', s-sorry!" Daera sniffed. "I just love you so much." She said and Seulgi chuckled. "I'm really glad to have a fan like you, Daera-ah."

Daera's heart skipped a beat when Kang Seulgi said her name. "Mind if I call you Unnie? Just once?" The fangirl asked and Seulgi laughed. "Of course, go ahead." Seulgi tilted her head and Daera took all her courage and smiled at Seulgi.

"U-Unnie, I love you!" Daera said with a bright smile and Seulgi laughed and pulled Daera in yet another hug. "You're so cute!" The Idol spoke and Daera blushed and hid her face behind her hands. Seulgi gave Daera one last smile before looking at Donghyuck.

"I'm jealous you have such a cute friend." Seulgi winked before telling her goodbyes and walk to where her band had disappeared to. 

Daera looked after Seulgi for a long time, when she remembered that she was still in a corridor with Donghyuck, whom she had embarrassed earlier. She turned around to see Donghyuck standing way closer than before. She had almost bumped into his chest when she turned around.

"I don't know what to say." She spoke and looked into Donghyuck's face. Her eyes were searching his and he simply chuckled. "I think it was the best thing to do to ease that awkwardness between us," Donghyuck stated and Daera nodded. "Thank you for that." Daera looked down, while her hand went to grab Donghyuck's sleeve.

She slightly pulled on it before looking up and giving him doe eyes. "Seriously, thank you."

Donghyuck gulped and swatted her hand away from him. He coughed and looked at the wall over her head. "I think we should head back inside. Ari will be worried about you otherwise." He scoffed and walked back into the room. Daera looked at Donghyuck's back and grinned when she saw how red his ears had turned.

― 💌 ―

"Wow! I'm so jealous!" Taeho said to Daera once the two of them were eating lunch on Monday. "I can't believe she really hugged me!" Daera exclaimed and held her chest. "I don't know how to thank Donghyuck for that chance. He really isn't that bad." She smiled and remembered the dance practice and his red ears.

"NCT Dream must be like friends to you now, what?" Taeho asked and stuffed a piece of Gimbap into his mouth. "They're okay, I guess," Daera said and stole a bit of Taeho's rice as she had already finished hers. "I wouldn't consider us as friends though. Just acquaintances."

"Why must you be so lucky though? Thanks to NCT you've been able to hug the love of your life!" The fanboy wheezed and almost choked on his Gimbap. "That's why I thought about thanking Donghyuck. But I don't know how!" Daera raised her arms in the air and sighed.

"Remember when you made the Chocolate for Red Velvet on their Valentines Day Event last year?" Taeho asked and Daera nodded. "Joy had loved it! She even stole Yeri's bag, remember?" The boy continued and Daera nodded. "Why are you telling me that though?" Daera asked and Taeho rolled his eyes. "You're not really quick-witted, my cute best friend." The boy spoke and rested his head on his palm.

"Why don't you make Thank You Chocolate for Donghyuck as well?"

Taeho's words were rotating in Daera's head until a smile spread across her lips. "That's actually a really good idea!" The girl whisper-yelled and Taeho nodded. "Everyone loves chocolate and yours is especially good!" Taeho smiled, glad he could help Daera with her misery.

The two of them finished eating their lunch and started writing a list of ingredients that Daera needed for the chocolates. 

At the thought of giving Donghyuck handmade chocolates, her heart started beating faster.

She had never-ever made chocolate for a boy. (She did make some for Taeho on his birthday but it was not the same as Taeho never made her heart skip weirdly like Donghyuck was doing)

When the two of them finished the list they packed their stuff and walked back to the classroom. But Daera couldn't concentrate anymore. Her mind was racing. Thoughts about the chocolates and Donghyuck were making her go crazy. And the tip of the iceberg happened when she heard two of her classmates whisper in the back of the room.

"Oh, NCT Dream's dance practice is out!" One of the girls whisper. Her seat neighbor whispered something back and soon you could hear the two of them squeal in excitement. Daera quickly pull out her phone and check the video as well.

Her heart raced once she saw Donghyuck on her little screen. She really couldn't wait to make chocolates for him.