9장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Daera? Do you like me?" Donghyuck repeated, holding onto the girls' wrist in case she wanted to flee again. He needed an answer now. Something that would help him understand her better. She bit her lips and looked everywhere but at Donghyuck.

Did she like him? She wasn't un-keen of him. She didn't think he was annoying. She never thought of him as not good looking. In other words, she thought he was super good looking. His tan skin as such a turn-on for the same aged girl that was just learning about these kinds of feelings.

She even watched American and European movies about lovers and what they did seemed so cute, fun and intimate that she sometimes day-dreamed doing things with Donghyuck... but was that liking him? She wasn't sure. 

Daera blew up her cheeks and fumbled with her shirt. "I wish I could answer that." She said with a toothy smile. Donghyuck blinked twice. "What?" He thought he misheard her, but her smile showed that she really had no idea if she liked him or not.

"But you know that you love Seulgi-noona, right?" - "That's something completely different, Donghyuck!" Daera said and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "I'd marry her if I could. She's such a big inspiration to me and if it wasn't for her, the two of us wouldn't even have this conversation now." Daera pouted and Donghyuck rolled his eyes.

"You're unbelievable." - "No. I am not. You just simply confuse me. How the hell am I supposed to know if I like you or not?" Donghyuck chuckled and moved into her. Daera took a step back. "I'm not sure what you're up to but— wha!" A squeal left Daera's mouth and she closed her eyes tightly once she felt Donghyuck's hand on her lower back.

"You almost tripped, you crackhead!" Donghyuck laughed and Daera scuffed and pushed the boy off her. Her heart was beating even faster than normal and she even had slightly tinted cheeks. "You're an idiot!" She pouted and pushed her hair out of her face.

"I'm sorry, Daera. It was just so tempting." Daera rolled her eyes at Donghyuck's words and sighed. "I think we fixed our issue. What do you think?" Daera put her hands on her hips and the Idol imitated her. "Yup, I think we did." - "Gosh. You're so childish." Daera turned around and grabbed her bag pack. "Bye, Donghyuck," Daera said and walked to the door when Donghyuck called her name for the last time. 

"Let's go on a date someday!"

― 💌 ―

Donghyuck couldn't believe what he had done today. He was nervously waddling through NCT 127's dorm and ruffling his hair. His Hyungs, that were seated on the couch and were watching their Maknae, was confused. "Mark, did something happen to Hyuck today?" Johnny, a tall and good-looking young man asked while staring at Donghyuck that was trying to smash his head against the wall.

"Seulgi-noona barged into the practice room today and called him out. He was gone for half an hour and when he came back he was like this. We have no idea what had happened but he acted weird ever since." Mark explained while turning away from Donghyuck and concentrating on his Fifa game against Taeil.

Johnny looked back at Donghyuck and chuckled. "He looks cute when he's resting like that, what?" Johnny asked no one in particular before standing up and walking up to Donghyuck. "What's cooking, good-looking?" Johnny poked Donghyuck's shoulder who only sighed.

"Choi Daera."

Johnny stared at Donghyuck with widened eyes and the other Members stared at their Maknae once the name of a girl left his lips. Jaehyun leaned into Yuta and gulped. "Did he just say the name of a girl?" The Japanese member only nodded at Jaehyun's obviously dumb question.

"Who's Choi Daera?" Doyoung then asked, leaning over the couch to catch a better look of Donghyuck, who seemed to be in agony. "Daera's MC Ari's niece. She hung out in our practice room from time to time." Mark answered. "But I don't know what businesses Donghyuck has with her."

The older 127 Members all stared at Donghyuck now. "What's up Hyuckie?" Taeyong asked, walking over to embrace their youngest in a tight hug. "Did that girl annoy you?" - "No." Donghyuck pouted. "Well, not directly. She's just annoyingly cute and so freaking oblivious and way into Seulgi for me to have any chances." Donghyuck rambled and all the Hyungs looked at him with widened eyes.

"You have a crush on her?" Taeil asked and paused the game much to Marks dismay. "Hyung!" The rapper whined but Taeil only shushed him and Mark pouted. 

"I met her today to resolve an issue we had and then I asked her out on a date." He looked down and the Hyungs seemed impressed. "You asked a girl out for the first time in your life? That's impressive!" Winwin smiled cheerfully but Donghyuck shook his head.

"It was a disaster! I asked her out but then I remembered the dating ban and quickly added we couldn't date." Donghyuck hit his own forehead. "The look on her face showed that she wasn't keen on me anymore." He sighed and his Hyungs sighed as well. 

"The dating ban never stopped Baekhyun-sunbae or Taeyeon-sunbae," Jaehyun said and looked at Donghyuck. "What are you up to, Hyung?" Mark asked, looking at his teammate. "Don't give him stupid ideas, okay?" Mark looked from Jaehyun to Donghyuck who seemed to slowly get, what his Hyung was saying.

"You want me to date her secretly?" 

Jaehyun nodded. "If you want, we can help you. We can prepare a nice dinner here; Hyung's great at cooking!" Jaehyun said while pointing at Taeyong. "And we can decorate the dorm. And once the lovely lady is here, we leave the two of you alone and meet the Lucky Three and the Dreamies, waiting for you two to finish your little date."

Jaehyun seemed proud of his idea and Donghyuck was beaming. "This sounds too stupid to fail! Let's do this. Please!" Donghyuck pouted at his Hyungs and everyone agreed, even Mark who wasn't keen on the idea of Donghyuck secretly dating a girl.