12장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Wait, I help you with the dishes!" Daera jumped after Donghyuck. "No, no! You can head home already. I'll take you to the door!" - "No! I want to help you!" The girl clung onto Donghyuck's arm and stood on her tiptoes to pinch his cheek. "Please, Hyuck-ah!" She pouted and the singer rolled his eyes. "Stop being so cute, it hurts my heart." Now it was his turn to pout.

Daera only chuckled and blushed, but followed Donghyuck into the kitchen either way. "I'd be home alone so I want to spend just a little more time with you." She smiled and pulled her sleeves up. "What can I help you with, Sir?" She winked and Donghyuck snorted and asked her to turn on the hot water and start to wash the plates.

While they were cleaning the kitchen, Donghyuck decided to turn on some music and to surprise his crush he turned on Red Velvet's <Peek-A-Boo>. Daera reacted immediately to the song and started dancing while cleaning the plates.

She moved her hips around, humming the lyrics and Donghyuck couldn't stop looking at her bouncing up and down. "You really like Red Velvet!" - "I told you!" She said and took her hands out of the sink, drying them before dancing over to Donghyuck. "Sing for me, please." She pouted and Donghyuck blinked twice before he found himself singing the song for Daera who jumped around in the kitchen like a crazy fangirl.

It was cute. Donghyuck stopped singing and went over to Daera and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her into a hug when— "Donghyuckie, we're home!"

Donghyuck froze in his spot when he heard Johnny's voice and widened his eyes. Even Daera didn't dare to move and stared at Donghyuck's hands that were on her waist, grabbing her body. 

The door of the kitchen opened and Johnny Seo entered the kitchen, followed by Jung Jaehyun and Lee Taeyong. 

Daera looked at the NCT singers in front of her and lowkey switched behind Donghyuck's back. She held on to his shirt and bit her lip. "Are we interrupting something?" Johnny asks, a playful hint in his voice. Donghyuckbit his lip and looked down. "We were just cleaning the plates... and stuff." - "And stuff?" Jaehyun asked, teasing the younger boy. "Weren't you going in for something right there?" He winked and Donghyuck gasped. "I... no!" He quickly turned around to Daera who was eyeing him with sparkly eyes. 

In her eyes he seemed extra cool, protecting her from the big punks. She bit her lip and stepped aside bowing to the older men. "Hi, I'm Choi Daera; Donghyuck's f-friend..." She blushed, even more, saying these words and Donghyuck gulped. "Friend?" Taeyong asked. "Sad to have such a cute friend, aight Hyuckie?" 

"Hyungs! Ya!" Donghyuck threw his arms in his hips and Daera smiled. He's so cool... and cute, she thought and watched every single of his movements with a cute glint in her eyes. 

"Daera and I haven't spoken about which direction our relationship should go. So could you please stop teasing me for this? I'm already nervous enough because she's around." Donghyuck looked over to the same-aged girl who grinned at him and bit her lip.

"Sorry, Hyuck. Teasing you was just too good to do." Johnny winked and led the other two NCT members out of the kitchen, leaving the teenagers alone.

"Relationship, huh?" Daera asked and Donghyuck sighed. "I want to clear things as soon as possible. I soon have a comeback and then I don't have so much time for dates and stuff because I will be promoting so—"

"Can I be your girlfriend?"

Donghyuck almost choked when Daera asked him but nodded. "I would love if you would be my girlfriend," Donghyuck whispered and watched Daera walked a step closer. "Then you don't mind me doing this, right?" She asked and Donghyuck watched her go on her tiptoes and peck his cheek.

His cheek burned where Daera kissed him and he gulped. He couldn't believe Daera had pecked him. His heart was jumping up and down his chest, like a maniac. "You're my boyfriend now, Hyuck-ah." She said and gently patted his hair. "I can't wait to shower you with even more love and support than now." She bit her lip and took his hands.

"I like you a lot."

― 💌 ―

Donghyuck had walked her to the subway station, and as soon as Daera was sitting in her subway on her way home, she clenched the fabric over her chest and bit her lip. She couldn't believe that her crush liked her just as equally and now they were officially dating.

Daera knew it was going to be hard, dating a celebrity. Especially because Donghyuck was still in a dating ban, but none of the teenagers could have done anything against the growing feelings in their hearts. They were going to make their relationship work.

Daera remembered a Drama where a rich heir wanted to date the daughter of his cleaning lady. They had a lot of obstacles to overcome but if two people like this could date, then why shouldn't Daera and Donghyuck be able to date?

Daera's steps were light as feathers when she walked up to her house. She hummed a funny melody and unlocked the doors of her home when she saw the light of the living room, which was turned on. "Samchon? Ari-samchon? I'm home!" Daera called and kicked off her shoes before walking into the living room.

"Sam—"

"Hi, Sweetheart!" Daera opened her mouth and looked at the adults that were sitting in her living room. "Eomma? Appa?" She asked, barely recognizing the two tanned persons that were walking towards her. "You grew up so much, my sweet daughter." Mrs. Choi said and held Daera's face.

"Where have you been, we thought we would surprise you when we came home. But the house was completely empty and Ari didn't know that you were out. Where were you?" Mr. Choi asked after hugging his daughter. 

"I was with my boyfriend..." Daera said subconsciously, not knowing what to think or say. It was weird seeing her parents again. "Why are you here though?" She asked them with a confused look on her face.