20장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Daera was munching on a piece of red pepper while watching the dynamics of the Lee family. His Father and Uncle were talking about Soccer while his Mother and her sister were talking about a new shop that was going to open soon. His younger cousin Doyeol was happily playing with a tiny Pokémon in his hand while eating his rice and Donghyuck was in a deep conversation with Sora.

That conversation was annoying Daera. She heard glimpses of Sora praising his looks and how well toned he became after becoming an Idol. She also always went in on decent touches. With each minute, Daera was feeling more left out.

She gulped down her pepper and took a sip of her water. She was glad that Donghyuck could spend some quality time with his family, but she disliked how everyone was in their own bubble and talking about what they liked; as if Daera wasn't even there.

And she had to admit, she missed Donghyuck's attention.

She sighed quietly and stuffed a spoonful of rice in her mouth. Her head was spinning and she couldn't stop glaring at Sora. Once again the older female leaned in and playfully hit Donghyuck's chest, to which the younger only reacted with a chuckle.

Her cheeks were stuffed with food when she heard Mr Lee call out her name. Confused she turned to Donghyuck's father who smiled at her warmly. "Daera, here", he told Donghyuck's uncle, "has already written her college entrance exam and will graduate in two months. She is a really clever girl!"

Daera choked and almost spat out what she had in her mouth. She quickly gulped it down and bowed to Donghyuck's uncle. "I took the exam as soon as I was able to." She answered and the man nodded. "What are you going to study, Daera-yah?" Mrs Lee asked and smiled at his son's girlfriend. 

"I'm not sure yet, but I want to go towards Management or Marketing", the girl answered and Mrs Lee smiled before she pointed towards Sora. "My niece, Sora, is studying Management at the moment. I think she also applied for an internship at SM if I'm not mistaken."

Daera and Mrs Lee both looked at the girl, that smiled and cleaned her lips with a napkin. "I did apply for SM and Donghyuck helped with getting a good word for me. I get notified if I got the internship in two months or so." She smiled and looked at Daera.

"You have to be really ambitious to become a good manager." She said with a sly smirk on her lips and Daera pressed her lips together. "Sora-noona, Daera's uncle is my Manager. She knows a lot about managing—" - "That's not what I'm implying on, Hyuckie." She ruffled Donghyuck's hair and looked at Daera.

"You seem really childish for someone who wants to study Management. There's a lot of competition. Everyone wants to be a Manager for a K-Pop Group or a bigger company. It's not easy, Dori-yah."

"My name is Daera. Choi Daera."

Daera felt heat creep into her cheeks and she stared at Sora with a mean glint in her eyes. The older girl only chuckled and held her hand in front of her lips. "You're still very young, Daera. Why don't you just take a general course and apply for an office job or something?"

Daera looked down. She felt horrible. 

The Lee's were looking from the younger girl to their family member and Mr Lee shook his head. "Sora, no offence, but you're not in the place to dishearten Daera." Daera looked up and stared at Donghyuck's father, that was looking at his niece with a strict expression. "She's Donghyuck's girlfriend and a part of this family now. And under this roof, I forbid, that we're hurting each other's feelings."

Daera blinked twice and then turned to Sora who was read in the face. "U-Uncle..." She hissed and blew up her cheeks. She then rolled her eyes and looked at Daera. "I'm sorry, Dori-yah." She smiled wickedly and Daera's insides turned.

Donghyuck who was watching the whole scene quietly looked at his cousin with a disappointed expression. "Her name is Daera. Get that in your head, Noona." He simply said and looked at Daera. But latter wasn't paying attention to him anymore. She seemed zoned out and Donghyuck felt bad for it.

After the family had parted again and Daera had helped Donghyuck's mother tidy the room and the kitchen, she went into the guest room, changed into her pyjamas and sat on the bed. 

Lee Sora's words were haunting her head. The way she had talked to her, made her feel inferior and she hated that feeling. 

Slowly she turned her cellphone in her hands and went to call her uncle when a knock came from the door. "Come in", Daera whispered and Donghyuck entered the room, throwing his crutches in a corner and rolling stretching himself on Daera's bed.

Daera looked at the boy next to her and sighed. 

"Daera... don't give me this look. I'm sorry, okay?" He said and Daera frowned. "She made me seem like a complete fool!" Daera finally let out. "The way she talked down to me was so ... so ... rude!" Donghyuck looked at his girlfriend. "I know you must feel very bad—" - "Bad? Bad is an understatement, Donghyuck." Daera hit his chest with her cellphone and the boy winced. She tsked and stepped off the bed.

Donghyuck sighed. "I'm sorry. Sora-noona is really possessive over me and doesn't really want me to date or anything—" - "We've been dating for seven months, Donghyuck!" 

The couple looked at each other and Daera ruffled her own hair in annoyance. "I do what I want, and if I want to study Management, like my Uncle did, then I will do. No matter what your cousin says!" Daera looked fierce and Dongyhuck had to admit she looked hot. "I totally understand." He grinned and took her hand, leading her to the bed, where she fell on her knees.

With a quick move of his head, he had locked his lips with hers and was kissing the argument away.