5장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Daera was nibbling on her fingernail while standing in SM Entertainment's lobby. It wasn't her first time this week to come up to NCT's practice room but today felt different. Her bag pack felt heavier today. (And not only because she bought two more copies of the Bad Boy album by Red Velvet.)

The Highschooler had worked the whole night on perfecting her chocolates. While skyping Taeho, who helped her with the decoration through the screen—"No, use the green sprinkles. It'll fit NCT's fandom color!"—she finished a bag full of cute looking chocolates in a heart shape.

Daera wasn't sure if she should use a heart shape, but she remembered the Red Velvet-unnies loving the cute little hearts, so Daera decided to go with hearts.

She sighed and bit her lip while slowly walking towards the elevator. The woman behind the counter smiled at her when she entered the elevator, that played an SNSD song. 

Soon she arrived the seventh floor where the practice rooms of the newer bands, debuting from 2014 and upwards, were. With heavy steps, she walked over to NCT Dream's practice room. The door wasn't completely open and Daera could hear the Dreamies talk inside.

"Hyung?" A voice, that Daera could recognize as Jaemin's, called. "Yes?", that was her uncle. "Is Daera-ah coming over today?" The boy asked again and Daera could hear her uncle mutter another approval. "She's probably coming." MC Ari spoke and continued to type down on his phone. 

Jaemin walked over to Donghyuck, who was leaning by the mirror. "Hyung said she's probably coming over after finishing some errands." The brunette boy spoke and Donghyuck nodded. "Ha... Why must she come every day? Doesn't she has studying to do or any friends?" Donghyuck asked and Daera froze.

Why did he sound so ... hateful? Daera took a step closer to the door, eavesdropping on her peers that were obviously talking about her.

"Huh? Weren't you keen on her presence?" Jaemin asked and Donghyuck cocked an eyebrow. "She's cute and all. But she's in this freaking room every single time, hugging her stupid Seulgi slogan and listening to Red Velvet on her iPod. She could do all those things at home. But no! She's doing them here where she annoys us." Donghyuck said and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

The young man didn't even know why he was so agitated today but as soon as MC Ari came into the practice room, where the Dreamies had prepared the dance for their Dream Concert stage, and told them that his niece was coming over once again, he got irritated.

He didn't actually hate Daera, but there was something about this bubbly, fresh girl that was driving him completely nuts. Truth to be told, Donghyuck wasn't sure how to handle that loud girl.

"I am not keen on her!" Donghyuck said to Jaemin and walked away. Jaemin rolled his eyes and followed Donghyuck to where the other members were standing. 

Daera felt tears well up in her eyes and bit her lip to stop herself from bawling her eyes out. She held her breath while she opened her bag pack to take out the bag with the chocolates she made for Donghyuck. The transparent bag was closed with a cute little bow in lime green—an idea that Taeho had—and had a little name tag on it. 

Daera knelt down and set the bag in front of the door of the practice room before walking two steps backward, looking at the door once more before turning away and walking towards the elevator.

Her vision was blurry as she pressed the button for the elevator; it arrived with a ping and as Daera wanted to enter, Kang Seulgi left it. They locked their eyes for a second and Seulgi tilted her head, remembering Daera's name and face. But when the singer saw the tears rolling down the Highschoolers cheeks her words got stuck in her throat.

And then the elevator doors closed in front of Daera's face.

Seulgi looked from the elevator to the practice room of NCT, the only place she could think of that could probably make her fan cry. The tiny bag on the floor caught her eye and she knew that one of the stupid boys probably made her cry.

But instead of walking and scolding the Dreamies, Seulgi rushed towards the emergency steps and ran down all the way to the lobby.

The singer never thought of catching up with Daera, but the student was standing by the reception, handing the woman her ID-card. "I don't think I have time to come and visit anymore," Daera said when a hand went to grab the ID card out of the employee's hand.

"Hey!" Daera pouted when she saw her Idol in front of her. "Whatever happened up there, don't let it ruin your chance to bump into me from time to time, Daera-yah." Kang Seulgi smiled down at her and Daera gasped. "U-Unnie" she whispered and Seulgi ruffled her hair. "If the boys are teasing you or treating you bad, feel bad to spend the time your waiting in our practice room. I bet the other girls would love to have our fan evaluate our dance practices." 

Daera looked at Seulgi and even more, tears went to roll down her cheeks. Seulgi sighed. "My, my..." She whispered and went to hug the student. "They must have hurt your feelings really bad, huh?" Seulgi asked but Daera could only sob.

Once they parted Daera wiped her tears away and looked at Seulgi. "That's a really nice offer. But I think I don't want to come over either way. The chances of bumping into him here are too big. And I am just a nuisance for him and the others. I best spend my afternoons with my friend." Daera bowed to Seulgi and smiled.

"I'll definitely will watch your performance at the Dream concert, Unnie. My friend Taeho and I already got tickets!" Daera smiled sadly and threw a thumbs up before handing the woman her ID card and leaving SM Entertainment.

She did not want to come back any time soon.