21장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"You're aware of the fact you're on crutches, Donghyuck." Daera looked at her boyfriend who was beaming with excitement. "Yes, I am aware of that. But that won't stop me from showing the beautiful Jeju to you. My Dad took off so he can help me reach all the sights I want to show you. And I promise I'll stop once I feel exhausted." Donghyuck grinned at his girlfriend and she sighed.

When she woke up this morning, she realised she really was in Jeju. She had slept really deeply, after the exhausting first day in the Lee household. Meeting Donghyuck's family, and especially his cousin Sora had drained Daera's energy and she fell asleep really quick after chatting with Taeho for a while.

She yawned and stuffed another spoon full of cereal in her mouth. After swallowing it, she asked; "Where are we actually going?" 

The weather was really nice, even though it was a cold day in December. Donghyuck was clad in an oversized tangerine-coloured hoodie and wide pants, that covered his cast. His hair was freshly washed and as fluffy as always. His cheeks were slightly pink and happily munched on his cereal while looking at his girlfriend from time to time.

"I thought about showing you Seongsan Ilchulbong. It's a very famous volcano and you can see almost all of Jeju from the top!" Donghyuck grinned and Daera cocked an eyebrow. "Won't that be hard to reach since you're literally in crutches?" - "But I want you to see something of the island, Jagi..." A pout was prominent on Donghyuck's lips and Daera sighed.

"If you want to show me around, then choose something that does not include hiking or any other activity where you need to walk a lot. Please." Daera looked at Donghyuck, who pouted but nodded nevertheless.

"Does the Teddy Bear Museum sound better?" He grinned cheekily and Daera lit up. "Sounds way better." She smiled happily and continued eating her breakfast when Mr Lee entered the kitchen. "Good Morning, kids!" He grinned as cheekily as his son and Daera bowed politely. 

Mr Lee had a newspaper in his hands while he walked to the coffee machine. "Your father is really cool", Daera whispered and Donghyuck widened his eyes. "Eh?!" He let out and Daera shushed him. "Pssshh, that's embarrassing, Hyuck!" Donghyuck looked at her. "Why would you think he's cool? He's such a lame Dad! Always at work, and when he's not working he acts like the greatest Dad the world has EVER seen." Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "I can't wait to be healthy and not see him for a while."

Daera winced. "Ouch, that hurt Donghyuck." Mr Lee turned around with a goofy expression on his face. "You know what, bratty kiddo? I can't wait until you're back in Seoul and I don't have to see your annoying face for a while."

Donghyuck and Daera both stared at the older man with huge eyes and he chuckled. "You're not the only one who is a bit savage, Dongyhuck." Mr Lee turned around and took a sip of his coffee, while Daera started laughing. The Lee-dynamics were really interesting. And they made her smile.

― 💌 ―

A while later, the couple and Donghyuck's father were waiting in line for the Teddy Bear Museum. Since the sun was shining, not a lot of people were interested in visiting the Teddy Bear Museum. But Daera caught a few teenagers whispering after looking at her and Donghyuck.

She was surprised, no one had found about her and Donghyuck's relationship so far. They were together for seven months already and not the fans neither did SM found out. 

Sure, they were good at hiding it. They mostly met at the SM headquarter and went to a space without any CCTV, like the area where the litter bins were hidden. Or they met at Daera's house; Donghyuck would come by in the middle of the night and spent the night in one of Daera's guest rooms.

Sometimes Daera stopped by the 127 dorm but seeing the older members always made her nervous so she tends to stay away from Donghyuck's dorm and asked him to come over to her house.

Sometimes Daera wondered if SM would force them to break up or punish Donghyuck for having a secret relationship. But then Daera would look at her crush and forget all her thoughts and was happy that she could actually spend time with him.

"When can we go inside?" Donghyuck whined and leaned onto his crutches. Daera sighed, looking at Donghyuck's face and seeing him wince silently for a split second. "Donghyuck, let's go back home. I don't care about the museum.  Let's just go home and paint something again." She tried to smile but Donghyuck gave her a rude look. "No, I want you to look at the Museum, no matter what! It's really pretty so I need you to see the Teddy Bears. Maybe we can even buy—"

"I can take her inside and show her some more sights!"

Donghyuck and Daera turned around by the sound of a familiar voice and Daera pressed her lips tightly together when she saw none other but Donghyucks (annoying) cousin, Lee Sora.

She looked flawless and it made Daera nervous. Sora was clad in tight leather pants and fuzzy UGG-boots. On her torso was a flowy blouse in dark burgundy and over everything she wore her padded coat. Her long dark hair was tied in a ponytail and fell over her shoulder in soft waves.

Daera felt ugly. 

She quickly glanced down onto her own outfit; worn-out Superstars, a washed out denim and a grey oversized Hoodie that Donghyuck had given her. She loved that sweater on him, and when he said she should wear it for their Teddy-Date she felt her heart rate speed up.

Daera quickly stuffed her hands into the pockets of her coat and looked down; her hair suddenly covering her face.

"Hello Sora-noona, what a coincidence!" Donghyuck smiled and Daera tried to turn off the screaming monster that was in her head. "Funny, right? Why don't you and Uncle wait in the Coffee Shop over there until Daera and I come back? I can accompany her to the museum!"

Daera didn't dare to look up. She was afraid of facing Donghyuck since deep inside her she knew he would accept his cousins offer. She quickly looked up and put on a fake smile. "You're in pain, right? Rest with your dad and I'll follow your cousin."

Her heart was breaking, when she saw Donghyuck's happy smile. "Great! Thanks, Sora!" He quickly hugged his cousin and Daera's heart broke even more. "Have fun!" He said, looking from his cousin to his girlfriend. "Oh, and Daera! Feel free to pick two plushies for us!" He blew a kiss in her direction before he and his father turned around and crossed the street to enter the cosy coffee shop.

Daera took a deep breath and looked at Lee Sora. She smiled wickedly and ruffled Daera's hair. "Let's go little Dori, should we?"