16장

{A/N: I thought this GIF was very matching to this chapter and my Hyuck-loving-ass was weak so oops}

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Donghyuck was admiring Daera; the way her long, hazelnut coloured hair was framing her round face, her cheeks that were sightly tinted and the way she was nibbling on her bottom lip, was making the eighteen-year-old boy weak in his knees. He couldn't believe that someone as cute and adorable as Choi Daera was his. His alone.

He never really fell in love before. He was still young when he came to SM; only thirteen, fourteen years old. He spent his days practising singing, dancing and studying for school. And even though he did meet girls in school, he was never romantically interested in them.

Until Choi Daera stepped into his life.

He was overwhelmed with his own emotions when he got to know Daera. Knowing she was Ari's niece; he knew he had to behave around her. But he never thought he would fall in love with someone who was so openly a fangirl. He also had to admit to himself that he quickly got jealous, when Daera came to their practice room late, with hands full of Red Velvet merchandise.

The first time he met Daera, he knew he wanted her to pay him attention. And only him. 

But since she was so in love with Kang Seulgi, Donghyuck knew it was going to become hard opening her shell. But here he was, standing in front of his girlfriend in the basement where the trash cans were, his hand holding hers and smiling down at her, while she was sending a puzzled look towards him.

"Donghyuck-ah? Were you listening?" Daera asked, her brown eyes sparkling and causing Donghyuck to cough. "Sorry, I got distracted. What do you wish for, princess?" It would've been a lie if Daera would say that nickname wouldn't cause her heartbeat to fly through the roof.

She quickly pulled Donghyuck a bit closer to herself and the boy gulped. "I want you to kiss me, Donghyuck." She whispered. "I know we've only been together for two months or so, but I've been dreaming about this for quite some time now and I've been watching tutorials and I really want to try and ... kiss you."

Daera bit her bottom lip and Donghyuck's eyes moved there instantly.

He inhaled air and turned his face away for a quick second before looking back to Daera that was eyeing him; her eyes almost looked like she was in suspense or something similar. "Hyuck?" She asked and bit her lip again. Donghyuck looked down, trying not to stare at her lips too much.

He had thought about kissing her as well, but he didn't want to move too quickly. He wanted to give Daera as much time and space as she needed.

"I-I... I don't know how to kiss you", he suddenly let out and wanted to let go of her hand, but Daera quickly grabbed her boyfriend's hand and wrapped her pale hands around it. "Me neither, but the only thing I can think about is kissing you, so..." 

Daera took all her courage into action and started standing on her tiptoes. Donghyuck froze in his spot, his eyes glued to Daera's puckered lips. He quickly closed his eyes and then he felt the sensation of her lips on his.

Donghyuck felt his heart speed up, and he felt a funny sensation in his stomach. His breath hitched and he felt himself wrap his free arm around Daera's waist. A wave of adrenaline was rushing through his whole body when Daera tried to step away, slightly biting her lips.

That alone, made the adrenaline in Dongyhuck's body go completely crazy.

He wrapped his second hand around the thin frame of the girl as well and pulled her even closer. His heart was beating super fast, and so did Daera's. She felt like exploding when Donghyuck searched her face with his sparkling, brown eyes.

In the blink of an eye, he leant down and pressed yet another kiss on her. This time messier than before. Daera felt herself giggle and subconsciously grab his face and steer his face in the right direction so he could give her another chaste kiss.

Once the two, finally, let go of each other, they were panting. Their cheeks were bright red and Donghyuck was touching his lips, this whole scene felt like a movie. "Did we really kiss?" He asked awkwardly and when he saw Daera nodding while pressing her hands on her cheeks, he gulped.

"This was pretty serious," Donghyuck said. "I ... It was an interesting feeling." He stuttered and Daera — who was still speechless — nodded. "Can we do it again?" She asked quietly, looking through her hair to Donghyuck who only nodded, "I'd love to repeat this as well." He said and Daera smiled.

"You fulfilled my wish..." She said while the two of them were walking back to the practice room. "I promised you, didn't I?" He asked and poked her cheek, when the doors to the elevator opened. Daera smiled and pushed Donghyuck's hand of her and went to climb into the elevator when she saw a familiar face.

"Oh, hello Daera, hi Donghyuck!" Kang Seulgi spoke and waved them. 

Daera temporarily forgot that she and Donghyuck had just secretly shared their first kiss, and ran up to Seulgi, asking her how she was and if she was eating well. And Donghyuck was feeling the ususal, jealous feeling in his stomach but he gulped it down, since seeing Daera happy and bright was making himself happy as well.

While Darea and Seulgi chatted about nothing-yet-everything, Donghyuck took the time to think about the kiss again. Daera's lips were soft and tasted like cherry chapstick. He swore he could feel her heartbeat through the fabric of their shirts.

He was unbelievably happy, yet he felt like he did something wrong. 

He couldn't wrap his finger around what he did wrong at kissing Daera, so he decided for himself to ask his Hyungs once he was at home tonight, eating dinner.