10장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Her hands were sweaty so she decided to wipe them on her skirt. She bit her lip and nervously stepped from one foot to the other. How did she end up in this situation? She couldn't tell. She just remembered screaming 'Yes' when he asked her out on a date. And now she was here, standing in front of NCT127's dorm with her black glittery bag pack on her back and her hair neatly held back by a white headband.

Daera sighed, her finger lingering above the doorbell, but she was still too shy to actually ring it. What if her very first date with a boy would be a total disaster? And the worst part about this; what if her very first date with a celebrity (not that she was expecting more dates with celebrities) would end in a catastrophe? 

Daera blew up her cheeks, closed her eyes and pressed the doorbell. 

The sing-song of the bell was making the hairs on her arms stand up and forced a cold sweat to creep up on her neck. She quickly glanced down at herself; Daera had decided to wear a chic, yet comfortable white blouse and a navy colored flowy skirt to black dress shoes and her usual glittery bag pack.

People on the street were asking her if she was an Idol or a Model, due to her well-picked outfit. But the truth was, Daera had watched several Tutorials and Videos on how to perfectly dress for the very first date. And since Donghyuck had never exactly voiced out what the two of them would do, she just picked a cute, yet easy-going look.

"Daera, hi!"

Daera froze when she heard Donghyuck's voice and looked up, blinking twice once her brown eyes settled on his form. "Donghyuck, hi!" She squeaked, her voice jumping two octaves higher. "I'm glad you found the apartment complex without any problems." The singer smiled, but Daera couldn't stop looking at him.

He was beaming. And his outfit was making him even more handsome. Daera felt like crying. It was a feeling she always got when Seulgi was dressed to perfection. But knowing that the boy she was having a date with, could force these feelings out of her was new.

Daera eyed Donghyuck from head to toe, before answering his question. Her mind still went crazy about how good he actually looked. Did he get help from a stylist? 

┈

He wore simple black jeans with a red belt, a black graphic tee and a loose white button-down that was tucked into his trousers and he had some silver bracelets dangle down his left wrist. His hair looked well styled, but not Idol-like. More like a boy, who would meet a friend.

"You look super handsome!" Daera finally breathed out, still staring at Donghyuck who now looked down on him. "Oh, that? I-I wanted something nice to wear but I don't think one of my Michael Jackson shirts would be appropriate so I decided on an outfit I wore during a gig. I'm sorry." He scratched his nape and Daera threw her arms in the air. "It's okay! No need to apologize. There's a reason y'all get to keep the clothes you get. It looks great on you." Daera smiled and Donghyuck chuckled. "Thanks... please come in." He then invited the girl in, who simply bowed and followed Donghyuck into NCT127's dorm.

Daera carefully took off her shoes before walking through the clean hallway until Donghyuck entered the living/dining room. "My Hyungs helped me cook dinner. But the desert was made by myself." Donghyuck happily turned around and grinned at Daera, and the seventeen-year-old blushed. "Sounds great!" She said and looked around.

She had always wondered how the dorm of an Idol looked like. And she always thought boy group dorms would be messy and reek of sweat and manly perfume. But NCT127's dorm was clean. And the floors seemed like they were wept only a few hours ago.

"Please take a seat!" Donghyuck smiled and pulled a chair out for Daera, so the girl could sit down. She nodded towards him and sat down. "I'll just go and grab the food. I hope you have nothing against Pasta!" Donghyuck called and disappeared into the kitchen.

As soon as the singer was gone, Daera grabbed the fabric over her chest. Her heart was beating rapidly by Donghyuck's gentle action. She never had a boy pull out a chair for her. 

Taeho wasn't a gentleman and Daera knew. But seeing Lee Donghyuck acting all gentleman-like was making her heart beat faster and her ... crush grow even bigger.

She was sure she was crushing on Donghyuck. The book had told her the signs of having a crush and she had to agree with most of them. When she thought of Donghyuck, her hands got sweaty and her cheeks felt hot. And when she would look through his pictures she would always compliment him in her head.

If she would do that around Taeho, the boy would think she would become an NCTzen. He didn't know how personal Daera and Donghyuck knew each other.

But for Daera it was obvious. She had a crush on Donghyuck, and this date would make her sure of how much she would actually like him. Did she want to kiss him? Sometimes she imagined pecking his cheek. But a grown kiss? Daera wasn't sure if she could do that.

"Tadaa!" Donghyuck came back from the kitchen, balancing two plates on his arm while walking over to Daera. "Green-pesto Pasta made by me and Jaehyun-hyung's help!" Donghyuck proudly set a table in front of Daera that gasped at the visuals of the food.

"Oof, that looks super tasty!" She breathed out and Donghyuck scratched his nape. "Thank you!" He blushed slightly. "Is there anything you want to drink? I have Cola, Cider, and Water." Donghyuck said and Daera asked for a Cider. 

The singer jumped up and ran into the kitchen before Daera could ask him where she could get the drinks. "Here you go." He said and handed her the green-white colored can. "Thank you," Daera said and opened the can, looking at Donghyuck that was eyeing her nervously as well.