29장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"They're sure taking a long time, right?" Daera bit her lip and kept looking to the door of the meeting room. "Something scandalous must've happened", Donghyuck added and sighed. "I just want to go home." The boy looked at Daera and she chuckled. "Me too. I've been stressed this whole day. My body is still in fight or flight mode." She sighed and folded her hands in her lap.

"I hope they tell us what they're talking about. Hamin-hyung and Ari-hyung are usually so secretive when the president talks with them." Donghyuck sighed and leaned back in his chair. This was taking way too long. 

"How are the preparations for the tour going?" Daera asked, trying to distract herself. "We're working hard. I'm still resting a lot and will probably sit throughout the Seoul show but I hope that I can dance and jump around when we travel the World." He made a small pause. 

"Can you believe I'll be going to Europe!" He giggled happily and Daera nodded — impressed. "European NCTzen's just don't know about it yet. Even US-NCTzen's don't know everything yet. We're keeping so many secrets from our fans." He laughed. 

"I saw that Red Velvet Unnie's are going to the states soon! I'm so jealous!" She pouted. "I've been to their concert in Seoul but I really would love to join their tour and see every single of their shows. Seulgi-unnie always looks the prettiest!" Daera cried out and Donghyuck chuckled.

"To be frankly honest with you", the boy looked at her, a cheeky glint in his eyes, "when I started falling in love with you I was super jealous about your unconditional support for Seulgi-noona. But now I understand why you love her so much. She and the girls were your happiness when you felt lonely." He stretched his arm over the table and linked his hand with hers.

"I love you so much, Choi Daera. We can survive this. This slump won't bring us down. I promise." He smiled at her and at that moment Daera realised that he was honest with her. He loved her; and only her. She was his happy place and he was hers.

"Let's get married when we're older." She whispered and rubbed the back of his hand with her thumb. "Sounds like a deal." Donghyuck grinned when the door opened and the two teenagers quickly let go of their hands and sat straight in their chairs.

Hamin was the first to enter. His face was blank and his eyes were almost empty. Next one was Ari, he ruffled his hands through his thick hair and looked at Donghyuck with an impressionless face. The last man to enter was, of course, the CEO of SM Entertainment. 

His face was strict and he sighed when he sat back down on his chair. "Donghyuck-ah", he said in an extremely soft voice. Daera looked up and at her boyfriend. Something was wrong. She could feel a weird tension in the air. 

Donghyuck sat up straight and looked at the president. "Yes, Sir?" He asked, afraid that Lee Soo Man would force him to break up with Daera. "Is something wrong? Did you change your mind about Daera and me?" He was rambling but with a hand gesture of the CEO he shut up. 

Ari looked at the CEO and waited for his boss to nod. "Donghyuck, we could trace the ID of the person who sold your private pictures to Dispatch." Ari waited for Donghyuck to process what he said before he continued. "Now it's in your hand — if you want the company to claim a file against this person." 

Dongyhuck nodded. "Who is it? Do we know them?" - "Us as the company or NCT's staff don't know them personally." Hamin butted in and Daera felt like she was in a Drama. She was watching the three adults talk to Donghyuck who seemed more than confused.

"Donghyuck-ah, listen." Ari looked at the eighteen-year-old boy. "This person's ID was tracked to Jeju-do." Donghyuck looked up. "M-My family lives there", the singer stuttered and Ari shoved a piece of paper to the young boy. Daera was able to catch a glimpse of the paper and hissed.

"Donghyuck, I am so sorry." Ari said when Donghyuck took the paper in his hands and read the name that was printed next to the picture that seems from an ID. Daera eyed Donghyuck; the boy clenched the paper in his fists and pressed his lips tightly together. 

His insides were turning. He couldn't believe that all of this stress was caused by his dear family member. "That's my cousin", he said through gritted teeth, before looking over to Daera. All the stress Sora had caused Daera had ended up in her being torn with jealousy and ruin his career — and Daera's future.

He felt horrible and turned the paper upside down, unable to look at the picture again. "Sir, I don't know what to say", he whispered — a lump in his throat. "We have to take actions against this. She sold private pictures to a third party, Donghyuck." Ari had said and Donghyuck looked down. "She's my cousin though." He said and looked at Lee Soo Man.

"Sir, is it possible that I clear this with my cousin privately? I don't want to ruin her future. She's currently studying management and I don't want to be the reason she can't pursue her dreams." - "Donghyuck, she ruined your girlfriend's future!" Lee Soo Man said with a strict tone and looked at Daera.

"She might be your cousin, but she is a grown-up and older than Daera and you." - "Sir, please!" Donghyuck begged and Lee Soo Man sighed. "This won't do it." The CEO spoke and looked from Daera to Donghyuck. "We can conceal the Dispatch scandal with an official statement about your relationship. But", Lee Soo Man held up his finger, "if you don't manage to clear things with your cousin, SM is going to take legal actions against her. Despite her future."

Lee Soo Man looked at the two teenagers, that were too struck from what the man just said. "Congratulations on your relationship." He smiled. "Always behave properly, Dongyhuck and Daera." The CEO laughed. "Now I can let Ari and Hamin book you into shows about relationships and stuff... you're going to be Nation's boyfriend!" Lee Soo Man giggled like a teenage boy and left the meeting room.

Hamin and Ari sighed. "Let the kids celebrate their relationship," Ari said and turned to Daera. "Daera, I expect you at home by seven, young lady." Ari said and Daera nodded, before jumping out from the chair and into Donghyuck's embrace.

The two of them hugged and Donghyuck planted a soft kiss on her forehead. "I told you we're going to leave this room with a smile, didn't I?"