14 - secret text

A mini party was held in your room once the school had found out the dance was canceled

A mini party was held in your room once the school had found out the dance was canceled. You knew it was wrong to see Cesar in secret while he was with Monse but no matter how far you stretched to get away from him, you always found yourself springing back like elastic.

To avoid any accidents that might lead to your secret coming out, you sat on the couch on one end of the room while he stood on the other side of the room.

Cesar // 10:43 pm
Hey

You look up from your phone and furrow your brows together and mouth, "what," to him. He locks eye contact with you and gives you that mischievous smile that's now made you skeptical. What was he going to do?

He tilts his head a tiny bit and presses something on his phone that's made your phone buzz between your fingertips immediately after. His mischievousness turns into a large smile that showcased his perfectly aligned teeth.

You look back down and see a text notification from Cesar at the top of the screen.

Cesar // 10:45 pm
I love you

You exhale deeply and look back up to see him still smiling. You also break into a smile. What could you say? It was contagious.

"I love you too," you mouth discretely making sure no one had seen.