30 - late night interruptions

Requested by @EmilyPehlic

***

My phone rings from my bedside table as I am slow to answer it. It eventually stopped ringing and started again.

With my eyes still closed I reach over to my bedside table and the bright light blinds me as I answer upon seeing Cesar's name.

"Hello?"

"Y/N," he says in a panicked tone as my eyes open.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"I'm outside your window," my eyebrows furrow as I shove the covers off me and head over to the window. I pull away the curtains and he's standing outside. I end the call and pull up the window sill as he enters my room.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"I went after Latrelle."

"You did what?!"

"I couldn't do it Y/N. I aimed the gun at him while he was sleeping and I had the opportunity to end all of this but I couldn't. I just couldn't. Oscar was right, I messed up."

"Hey, hey, hey," I pull Cesar into my embrace as he gladly returns it, "it's not your fault. None of this is. You were made to believe that you didn't have a choice but you made your own choice. You didn't want to be a killer, you didn't want to be a murderer. You're not alone in this Cesar, I'm here with you. I'm always there, right next to you. No matter what I promise you'll get through this."

He pulls away slightly. His cheeks stained with tears. I use the pad of my thumbs to wipe the tears away as he suddenly smashes his lips onto mine. Our heads tilted in opposite ways and always swapping. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his hand rose up my t-shirt. I pull his hand away and pull away.

"We can't. We promised each other. You're with Monse remember?"

Despite that none of us stepped back. His hands still on my waist, my arms still around his neck, "right."

"Do you have any place to stay tonight?"

He shakes his head.

"You kinda woke me up and I kinda want to sleep more. You can stay if you want."

I smile slightly and remove myself from him, sliding under the covers as I felt the bed dip behind me.

"Goodnight Y/N."

"Goodnight Cesar."