37 - meet Vero

Monse and I arrived back in Freeridge on the same day and caught up about everything. We were both happy being single and drama free. I guess being away from Freeridge will do that to you.

We met up with Jasmine who we haven't talked to in such a long time.

"Girlies, this is so boring. We need to have fun," Jasmine whines.

"I'm ins with someone who owns a bottle shop. Let's go," I say as we all laugh and Jasmine starts sprinting to the location leaving me and Monse to trail behind.

The familiar crisp bottle shop in the heart of Freeridge brings back my nostalgia as I open the doors to meet the owner.

"Ah Y/N, long time no see."

I smile brightly, "it's been a while hasn't it?"

"I'm guessing you're here for some nightly fun?"

"When am I not?"

He chuckles and allows me to proceed heading into the liquor aisles with the girls.

"Ooh girl, I need to start bringing you around everywhere. So what we feeling like?"

Monse and I exchange looks and we both knew what we were thinking, "uhh lets go with the classic, vodka?" Monse suggests as I nod my head in agreement.

"Well, if we're going classic," Jasmine pulls out a bottle from the shelves and shows us a vodka bottle with a red label, "then we gotta keep it classy."

Monse and I both look at her in disgust, "let's go with something a tad classier like grey goose maybe?" Monse says.

Jasmine looks offended by her own pick and places it back, "alright well then I guess the rich girls are buying."

From the corner of my eye I see a girl staring in our direction and considering there was no one else in the aisle with us, I could only assume she was staring at us.

"We have a loca at our 6 o'clock," I say subtly as Jasmine is quick to turn around to look at the chick but is faster turning back.

"Oh shit."

"Why? Who is she-?" Monse asks, "-and she's walking to us."

Jasmine is quick to hide behind us as I'm met face to face with a girl half my height looking like some ratchet Dora the explorer.

"Yes?" I question, looking really uncomfortable at the exchange we're having right now as she continued to stare for a little bit.

"Are you Y/N?"

"Depends on who's asking," she takes a step forward as my neck started to strain looking down at her. I think my double chin was showing.

"Y/N, Monse let's just go-"

"Nah, little garden gnome wants to start shit," I interrupt Jasmine.

"I'm not starting anything," she said innocently, the way her eyebrows furrowed to pout made me wanna punch her right then and there, "just asking some questions. Don't know why you guys are getting so riled up."

"Hey, I'm not the one having to wear 5 inch heels to reach 4 foot alright? Stomping over here like you own the place."

She opened her mouth to retaliate but a familiar face walked in. It was like I remembered but also different in a way, the guy I once knew was gone now. He was lifeless behind those dark eyes of his. We make eye contact. His face softening at my sight.

"Y/N..." he mutters softly.

"Hey Cesar," I reply.

He shakes off his soft face, "Vero, let's go."

The moment he said her name I knew. They were something. More than friends definitely. And she was intimidated by my presence.

She begins to walk back to Cesar but I wasn't done playing.

"Ohh, I see. You're threatened by me because I'm Cesar's first love," she turned around and saw me pouting to mock her, "awhh is someone's relationship feeling unstable."

Vero tries to run at me but Cesar is quick to get in between us, "Y/N shut your mouth."

"Why? I thought you liked it wide open."

His face drops and I look down to see a little bulge in his grey sweatpants. Urgh, I just want to rip them off so badly.

Jasmine and Monse 'ooh' behind me as Cesar continues to hold back his child kicking in the air and yelling at me, throwing a massive tantrum.

I shake my head and turn around, officially bored at the situation. Monse and Jasmine are quick to follow. Perhaps Freeridge will be more entertaining than I thought.