The Other Side to Them

Warning; the next chapters will be a lot slower to update, so I will try to make them longer (I mean 6000 words long - this one's 5771) This is due to school, so I will update once or twice weekly.

Special shout out to  kenziewhitnnie and her amazing books!

***

The hour between Kendall's departure and the awards stretches on. I'm sure it's been three hours at least and the clock on the wall is wrong, but unfortunately my phone agrees with the clock.

The moms have left to get sandwiches for us when the producers come over to Jojo and pull her into the corridor. We all give each other nervous glances before they come and take Adam as well.

Kalani bites her lips, anticipating what is to happen. "Girls, and guys, we'll be fine. Whatever the producers throw our way we can stay strong." We all nod our heads anxiously, and I throw a worried look at Brynn; she'd just been talking to Jojo and Adam earlier.

"Hey, Brynn," I usher her over, breaking the tense silence. "Do you think I look nicer with my braids or bun in this picture?" I ask innocently and Mackenzie giggles as she comes towards me as well.

"Definitely the braids," whisper-yell Kenzie and Brynn excitedly in unison. Cameron and Marcus crack up as well, and Nia starts playing chopsticks with Kalani.

"Wait, Aurelia. I can't believe it's your first time in Maines," says Isaac as everyone starts crowding around my dressing table.

I giggle at everyone. "I feel so popular right now," I say, and Kalani rolls her eyes, smiling and muttering about how many followers I have on social media. "But also a tad claustrophobic." I get up and, holding Brynn's hand, I whisper. "Hey, you wanna show them our hip hop routine we made when we were bored." She agrees and we perform it.

Everyone is laughing while we do silly faces. I let Brynn outshine me because she's such an amazing dancer and no one on the elite team really appreciates that. Suddenly we are interrupted by the door opening and Jojo and Adam come back in.

"What did they want you for?" Asks Cameron, ever the curious one.

Jojo shrugs her shoulders. "They were just telling me when they wanted me to redo my solo because they didn't record it very well."

"Yeah," chimes in Nia. "Back in Season One we had to do the dances twice at every competition. One for the judges and again for the cameras because they wouldn't let us record then. You're all lucky now that you only have to do it once at this competition." We all roll our eyes and grin at Nia; she's always bringing up that she's an original.

"What did they want Adam for?" Asks Kalani, the points not quite adding up.

"You'll find out on Monday," he smirks, winking. I'm slightly surprised because Adam has always been the quiet dancer who didn't speak and only danced.

A few minutes drag on and Jojo sits right next to me and Brynn, which is an unusual feat since she only talks to me when we're with the whole group and getting carried away with chatting. Jojo gives Brynn a sideways glance.

"Brynn, I'm just going to say this because this is what I think," says Jojo suddenly, her eyes narrowed at my best friend. "I'm really surprised," She continues. "That Abby didn't call you out for your leg always being bent in that arabesque and how your feet were always sickled."

Brynn bites her lips and stares at the ground. I feel so shocked that Jojo is saying this. She's supposed to be the bright, loud, optimistic person, not this. (A/N this is not what I think of Jojo, but this conflict will be resolved later, I promise, so no hate to Jojo please.)