Luck is Half the Game

It's pyramid today, meaning I'm either at the top of the game or I'm already eliminated. Either way, there's the possibility I'll be kicked off the team.

I dress in a pink crop top and black ALDC shorts and tie my hair up in a ponytail

I dress in a pink crop top and black ALDC shorts and tie my hair up in a ponytail. I add a natural touch of makeup, brush my teeth and eat cream cheese bagels for breakfast. I'm just getting ready to leave when a large range rover pulls up on our drive. In the drivers seat is Kalani with the rest of the girls except Kendall.

"Get in Lia!" Kalani calls and I happily climb into the back next to Nia and Kenzie.

"We thought that since you've made it to two weeks on the team we ought to start acting more like a team. We meet at the bus stop every morning at quarter to seven and on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays we drive to homeschooling, but on Mondays we go straight to pyramid." Mackenzie explains to me and I hug her.

*

At pyramid it is very tense. Everyone is fidgeting and avoiding eye contact silently. Jojo, Mackenzie, Nia, Maddie, Kalani, Brynn and I are all here with our moms, but Kendall still hasn't turned up. Ellie and Lilly are shifting their weight anxiously and the boys seem unconcerned - except for Marcus who hasn't arrived either.

Abby still hasn't turned up, but a producer calls me off to the side and I walk over nervously.

"Okay, so Abby is going to announce that the duet goes to you and Josue, so I want you to run over to Isaac and hug him  to see what his and everyone else's reaction is," he says and I bite my lip.

"Do I have to hug him intimately, can I just like do a friendly hug?" I ask quietly, not wanting anyone else to hear.

"No, you have to do it romantically to him to stir up drama because your mom is not being dramatic enough so we're reliant on you if you want to stay on this team." I tuck my hair behind my ear slowly and nod my head.

"Okay," I say and run back into line. The girls don't question me on what happened because Abby comes in with Marcus behind her, who quickly runs to join the boys pyramid. Kendall still isn't here.

"We'll start with the minis," Abby says, and there are only two cards side by side. "Elliana, you forgot the dance, but you improvised. Lilly, you knew the dance but you stopped and did not continue. As a result of running off the stage your disastrous performance did not place at all. Quite frankly, I don't know why you two are still standing here. As much as you two are both beautiful dancers, I'll call you when you're ready." Lilliana and Ellie nod sadly and their mothers escort them out the room with their heads to the ground.

"Next we have the boys pyramid." It wasn't really a pyramid with two on the bottom and two on the top. "On the bottom of it, Cameron. You danced alright, but you didn't stand out. Next we have Marcus. You too added no special element to the dance. And on the top we have Adam and Josue. You both outshone each other and played your two parts spectacularly well." We all clap and the two boys beam.