Exposing Truths

Wow guys I swear this was such a hard chapter to write. I know I'm a terrible author, but enjoy while you cannot. How did this get 2.7k! So much gratitude...3k maybe before next chapter?...

***

"Shuffle drop pick-up shuffle toe ball change," Abby chants as Maddie and I tap in sync.

The music ends and Maddie and I snap our end poses and shuffle out of Studio B. Eben looks at me and begins to make his way over, blush covering his cheeks.

"What's up?" I ask casually, redoing my immaculate bun.

His blush deepens at this. "Well, other than the sun, the sky and the clouds, Jill apparently too."

"She was flirting with you?" My eyes widen and my mouth drops open in a smile. Eben nods putting a hand to his neck.

"Yeah, but other than the fact that I wanted to get away from her, the real reason I wanted to come here was about the group dance. Is everything alright?"

I rub my temples, not really wanting to make a fuss about it. "Well, Abby said no yesterday but also that I could ask again today." Eben shakes his head, looking upset.

"I'm going to go in there and give her a piece of my mind," he tells me quietly, marching off to her office.

The cameramen block my path to follow him so I just stand there with a hand on my head, listening.

"Miss Abby, I'm afraid I am withdrawing my permission to allow the group dance Our Winter Story to compete." There is a confused shuffle of papers from within.

"Is this because Aurelia isn't the lead? Ugh," Abby groans. I can hear more muttering, but I can't decipher it until I hear the louder voice of Abby booming,"Fine, Kalani will compete as the lead, but Aurelia will appear on the show as the lead." Eben comes out looking happy.

"Sorry sis," he whispers. "It's the best I could do."

"Seriously it's fine, Eben."

To be honest, I am not completely obsessed with getting the lead role today because I'm so tired. Mackenzie, Jojo and I napped in the dancer den only to be awoken an hour later by a big splash of water. Maddie and Kendall are laughing their heads off and Jojo groans.

"I'm hungry," yells Kenzie. "Someone get me chips." This causes us to laugh even harder.

*

It's group dance rehearsal, and let's just say something is definitely wrong. When I walked into Studio A I was the last person following Kendall and she shut the door on me, but I don't know if it was on purpose. Then when I was doing a ponche she leaped right next to me and clipped my foot causing me to wobble and get shouted at by Abby.

"Hold her Kendall, this lift needs to be strong," Abby instructs as Kendall and Marcus hold me up. I feel Kendall's arms wobbling a bit and I panic. I'm upside down in this left with my feet at my head so I am in no position to catch myself if I fall.

Coincidentally, I do fall. Kendall's arms tire and drop down and the floor comes crashing up to me, but I am stopped short by two pairs of arms. Josue and Marcus hold me tight. I quickly get out of their arms and breathe heavily on the floor, my knees pulled up to my chest.

"Okay," says Abby, as Gianna stops the music. "Kendall and Aurelia what is wrong with you two today. Every time I look at you two there is something going wrong. Now, I want you two to go outside and sort out your differences." What does Abby mean?

I internally groan because it means I now have to sit face to face with Kendall while she barbers on about some fake nothing.

Kendall nods her head sweetly and tip toes to the hallway and down it. I follow her as she leads us to the tumble track room.