Finally Having to Fight

Jessalyn and Eben are explaining to the Dance Moms producers about what occurred yesterday. Jojo and I are just standing outside the entrance together. We're extra early today because we want to make sure everything goes alright.

Somehow, the media found out about my brothers fall, and although the fans are giving me lots of pity comments, I find it hard to keep the tears out of my eyes. Why can't anything in my life be personal?

"Okay," says one of the Dance Moms producers, walking over to us. "This is what is going to happen; Eben will act in your mother's place, but Kira and Jojo will be your legal guardians. Is that alright?" I nod my head as the other girls start to arrive and we film the opening scenes.

Abby, for once - or at least according to the girls - is early. Although, her expression says it is not for a good reason.

"Chop chop girls - and boys," She says sharply, nodding to the three boys who enter as well. "This week I have put you all in the same pyramid. Now, at the bottom of the pyramid we have Cameron. He isn't here today and he won't ever be again." She looks mad at his headshot, but doesn't make any gesture to remove it.

"Next, we have Mackenzie." Mackenzie looks like she was expecting it. "You were sick, you were given a solo and you didn't perform. Your mother also adds to it because she took you home straight away and you didn't even try to stay to dance." Melissa doesn't look happy, but she seems to don Kenzie's position fair.

"Then we have Jojo. You got fourth place, and that is very disappointing. You had the exact same dance as Aurelia, but obviously this solo shows who really is better." I see in my peripheral Jess biting her lip. She told me earlier that she would try to reduce as much drama as possible between us because of Eben. Instead, Jess shakes her head and looks at the floor.

"Next is Marcus. You were okay in the group dance, but that was all I had to judge you off. You were, however, a beat behind on the turning section. Then we have Kendall. You too only had the group dance. But, by now Kendall, you have been with me some years so I expect you to be the best because all your hard work is all poured into that one dance. I didn't see that."

"Seriously, Abby," says Jill. "Your the one who gives out the assignments."

"Yes, for a reason."

"Well," She glares in my direction. "Then I suppose it's fine for Aurelia to flaunt in here and get whatever she wants!"

"That's not true," says Eben slightly nervously, and Jill looks shocked at him speaking. "Aurelia didn't get any dance other than the group in her second week here, so keep your mouth shut."

"Besides," agrees Abby, nodding at my brother in acknowledgement. "Jill, Kendall still has an opportunity of getting a solo this week, unless you don't learn to keep your mouth shut."

There is a brief pause where Kendall and Jill share ecstatic looks.

"Moving on, we have Brynn and Kalani in the middle. Your trio won, but neither of you two stood out in the group dance. Then on the second row we have Aurelia." I'm a bit surprised that I'm that low down on the pyramid. I mean, I won all my dances for goodness sake!

"Aurelia, you have a very high standard that you set yourself. Did I see that at competition? Mm, maybe in the group dance, but you improvised part of your solo. You tied in your duet, which I'm slightly disappointed about. If I give you a dance you have to go out there and have a solid win!" I nod my head, knowing that none of her criticism actually affects me. She needs me here more than I need her. 

"Next to Aurelia is Maddie. Maddie you were the lead of the trio and you won, but I also felt like you and Josue really connected well together, which brings us to the top of the pyramid. Josue! You were amazing in the group dance you really stood out with your great technique and the chemistry in your duo was magnificent."