12

Everyone crowded around the weird shrine. There was a statue of Monokuma, except much larger than his actual size and he was buff; the muscles on that thing scared you. The statue was holding something that had water coming out of it, with a rushing mini waterfall behind.

"So this is the Shrine of Judgement..." Kaito said.

"Careful, everyone! If bad things happen, hide behind Gonta!"

"Then gimme a piggy-back ride!" Angie called out to him. "C'mon, carry me."

"Omigod, you are so f*cking annoying! So are we doin' the class trial here or what!?" Miu asked loudly.

Ryoma answered nonchalantly, "No. Monokuma made it sound like we'd be guided somewhere from here."

"But Monokuma is nowhere to be seen." Attention turned to Kirumi. "What's going on...?" No one went to answer her. Instead they started talking amongst themselves in small clusters or just to themselves. You saw Shuichi conversing with Kaede, as to be expected.

"...Sooooooo," a voice started from behind you. "How do you think about the upcoming trial?!"

"..." You stayed silent, already knowing who was trying to get your attention; you had already made up your mind though. Cut it, I don't want to speak with you right now... You furrowed your brow and pretended not to hear the person.

"Oh come on (Y/N)! I'm talking to you!"

"...So? I'm not talking to you..." you said quietly.

The person thought about something for a moment, but seemed to decide against bringing it up. "Fine. Can't argue against that." ...Liar, you thought. "Well anyway, is there something you want to talk about? Something...specific you have in mind...?" Huh?? Having really no other choice, you turned around to face Kokichi.

"What..."—you pulled him over, away from the others a bit—"what do you mean?" You held your arms and looked sideways. "I don't know what you're talking about." At this point, you just had to hope that you wouldn't be found out by this small boy in front of you.

"You're lying," he said, messing around with one of his hands with the other one placed on his hip. "I can just tell." The male sighed. "Just spit it out by now..."

"Something I want to talk about?" you repeated, earning a nod from the other. Letting out a huff you began to think for something. "...According to all laws of aviation, a bee—"

"That's not what I'm referring to and you know it!" Kokichi was obvious annoyed at this point. "I'm...I'm going to do the thing to force it out!"

"Would you really do that again...?" you questioned, a mix of emotions starting to stir within you.

"...If it'll get you to...then..." Kokichi trailed off, leaving you in wonder. You remembered something he had said before... Well...don't you just hate me now?

"Then what?" you decided to ask. "And what's your obsession with, uh...feelings?"

"...Nishishi. Got you, didn't I?" He took a sharp turn away from you. "Heeyyyy, Kiiboy!! Lemme touch your robot body!" The purple-haired male quickly ran away from you before you could get a final good look at his face. Glancing over at his direction, he was now pestering the Ultimate Robot with his childish energy. A few more moments passed after that before you started to hear a faint rumbling noise.

The rumbling noise only got louder from there. The other students around you grew aware of it on their own, and turned to see where it was coming from. The Monokuma statue started moving, busting the thing in its hands before sinking into the water at its feet. The small waterfall behind it—some of its warted parted for entry to what seemed like a door to something. A bridge stretched across from the door and over the water surrounding it, supposedly so everyone could make it to the other side.