25

Ding dong, bing bong!

The monitor turned on, showing off a balding Monokuma. "..." The monitor simply turned off once more.

"Well if that wasn't weird," you mumbled to yourself before yawning. "Agh, geez... So tired... I think I'll just go get a drink of water, maybe that'll help..." You pinched your cheek before moving to the dining hall. Upon entering, you immediately were attacked with a headache.

"They blocked the manhole that leads to the underground!" Kaito yelled angrily.

"The manhole?" Shuichi repeated questioningly.

"Gonta put heavy rocks on top of manhole, so no one can use it anymore."

"I could've made it disappear with my magic, but I decided to let Gonta handle it this time."

"Why...would you do that?"

"'Cause the manhole is a reminder of our desire to leave this place," Angie answered the detective. "We don't want another tragedy to happen again, like what happened to Kaede."

"You said it, Angie!" Tenko called out. "We need to forget all about that underground tunnel and start fresh!"

"Dammit! She just does whatever she wants without even asking our opinion!" Kaito growled.

"It is certainly important to hear everyone's opinion, but if we did, nothing would get done," Tsumugi commented. "That's why we just decided to obey the student council president! If it's Angie, then'll she'll make the right decision! She can hear Atua, after all!"

What is she, schizophrenic? you wondered. I wonder...if I would have eventually became like this, too, if I had joined...

"Man, she's a lost cause," Miu groaned. "Plain Janes like her are total rubes when it comes to cults."

"Tsumugi, thank you for your fantastic speech! I was truly moved by it." Angie wrapped her arms around the cosplayer, just like she had done with you and Gonta. "Hmmmm... Thank you for always supporting me. Atua smiles on you for your plan and simple service."

"I've been wondering...does Atua have red eyes and hair as black as night?"

"Atua has whatever features you desire."

"A red-eyed, black-haired god... Ah, what a cool god I have watching me! When can I meet him!? I want to meet him as soon as possible!"

"Atua exists beyond time itself, but I'm certain you will feel His presence very soon." Angie let her go.

Tsumugi blushed, some drool coming out of her mouth. "So cool! Atua's so cool!"

"...Cults like this can be reaaally annoying if you get on their bad side," Kokichi remarked.

"But, but why are you guys so mad over the manhole being covered?" Angie questioned. "Is it 'cause you guys wanna use it to escape? You still haven't given up on leaving here?"

"You haven't given up?" Himiko repeated.

"You haven't given up?" Tenko seconded.

"Wh-What the hell is wrong with you guys!?" Kaito exclaimed.

"The student council cannot ignore that," Kiibo remarked. "It seems we must tighten our control."

A sudden wave of panic and shock crashed down on you. A cult... I thought it was just a joke...but no, there's a literal. F*cking. Cult. In this academy... Angie even got Gonta and Kiibowell, Gonta is pretty gullible and oblivious...but still. Kiibo??

"Tighten...? Are you callin' me loose!?" Miu interjected.

"You were in the computer lab during nighttime yesterday, weren't you, Miu?" Tsumugi snapped.