34

"Great!" Kokichi chirped. "Nishishi...okay, now everyone's going."

Listen to his tone... I bet he's secretly disappointed that you're coming along. 'Aww man, now that (Y/N)'s coming along, this entire adventure is automatically boring!'

You grimaced and bit your lip.

"Kokichi...are you planning something?" Shuichi asked him.

"Ah-haha, of course not. After Kaito punched me, I became a changed man. So...relax and just trust me."

You glanced at the boy. The bruise was a nasty purple color, and just the sight made you cringe.

"Alright! Then let's get started before you cockroaches change your damn minds!" Miu exclaimed cheerfully. "First, each of you gotta grab a helmet and plant your a** in one of those seats!"

Everyone followed her instructions, sitting down in one of the seats placed around the computer in the center of the room. After doing that, everyone picked up their helmet.

"You see those two ports on the back of the visor?"

"You mean this?" Kiibo asked her, pointing near the back of his visor.

"That's where you plug in the two cords that connect you to the computer!" the inventor responded. "The red cord is for consciousness, and the blue cord is for memory. I could start throwin' down some real fancy techno-jargon, but you idiots wouldn't get it... All you need to know is those cords'll cram your consciousness and memory into the Virtual World. Just don't shove 'em into the wrong hole! And yes, that is what she said!"

"Okay, fine..." Tsumugi sighed, "if she said so."

"Really?" you muttered under your breath.

"So then, which cords go to which ports?" Maki asked.

"Put the red consciousness cord in the right port, and the blue memory cord in the left."

"Out of curiosity...what happens if you switch the cords?" Kiibo inquired.

"I dunno. I've never done that before... Probably gets all glitchy or something! Maybe you'll become a vegetable, maybe you'll body-swap with someone... Who knows?"

"Well...I guess we'll just have to be careful not to switch the cords, then."

"I-It's okay... If we j-j-just stay calm, then there...won't be any problems," Himiko told everyone with a stutter. "O-Okay...so I hold my chopsticks in my r-right hand, so..."

"Just calm down..." you spoke quietly. Then you looked down at your visor. You grabbed the appropriate cords and plugged them into the correct ports. After a few moments, the rest of the group finished.

"Then you just gotta put the helmet on your head. Finally, press the button near your temple and you'll be whisked away to the Virtual World!" Miu finished her explanation with a cackle. "A paradise more beautiful than the real world, where there's no murder and no Monokuma!"

"So when Gonta press button, 'ava-tar' person take Gonta to 'Ver-chew-ul World' place?" Gonta questioned.

"Oh, for the love of..." She stopped herself there and sighed. "Yeah, sure, whatever makes sense to you. By the way, I tweaked your avatars to make 'em resemble you guys. In fact, compared to your current looks, they're a major improvement! Congrats, Himiko! You don't need to pay for expensive plastic surgery anymore!"

"I never wanted plastic surgery... I like my face." the girl grumbled, glaring at the inventor from under her hat.

Tsumugi sighed and looked down. "I'm still nervous about this..."