32

You groaned, waking up from a rather unsatisfying sleep. You were able to sleep in just a bit more, but that was only because you had stayed up later. Last night, a million thoughts had swarmed through your mind. They kept loudly nagging at you, going on about the killing game, how much time you had left, Kokichi, other stuff...

You slowly but surely made your way into the bathroom, splashing some cold water onto your face to wake you up all the way. You weren't quite sure about what to expect for today, but for some reason, you felt like it was going to be a long day.

After refreshing yourself to the best of your capabilities, you walked to the dining hall. You had to wait a bit before there were many people in there, but it didn't take long. You were fully awake when everyone a quarrel started up.

"But we gotta do it! It not now, then when!?" Gonta questioned.

"L-Like I said before, it's reckless! There are still two Exisals, right?" Tsumugi inquired.

"Gonta know that...but... Watching friends disappear... Seeing everyone get weaker... Gonta no can take this anymore! That's why Gonta go fight Monokuma!"

"Fight Monokuma!?" Shuichi repeated.

It must be pretty weird walking in and hearing this, you thought.

"Shuichi, good timing! Talk some sense into him!" Himiko ordered. "Gonta's saying a bunch of reckless stuff and he won't listen to us!"

"Gonta know it reckless...but it only way to save everyone. Waiting around, doing nothing just make more victims... That why Gonta gotta risk his life! Real gentleman would risk life! Gonta gladly give up life to save everyone!"

"Gonta, I get how you feel, but don't you think you're getting ahead of yourself?" Kaito asked.

"Y-Yeah! It's reckless to fight against them barehanded!" Tsumugi exclaimed.

"...More like meaning less. You shouldn't do that," Kokichi spoke up. He quickly put a finger up to his lips. "And even if you did do that, it wouldn't stop the killing game."

"...Why not?" the giant wondered.

Kokichi tilted his head and continued, "Actually, why would you even want to stop the killing game? It's just starting to get fun! It'd be a waste to stop it now." An angered look crossed his face as he started to yell, "You guys are all whack jobs! Is something wrong with your heads!?"

"Something's wrong with your head!" Kaito barked.

You lightly kicked at Kokichi's shoe in an attempt to get his attention. "Please, calm down..." you whispered.

The boy gave you a quick glance before speaking again. "Oh, don't tell me...you guys aren't confident enough to win the game? Geez, if you're really that much of a weenie, then you might actually lose, y'know? But in my case, I'm full of confidence! I'll win this game, no matter what!"

"W-Win the game..." Shuichi stuttered.

"Are you planning on becoming the next blackened then?" Maki asked.

"Me...? The next blackened?" The question seemed to catch him off guard for a second, but he recovered quickly. "Yeah, sure. It that would help me win, then I'd do it."

"Are you serious...?" Shuichi asked nervously.

"Of course, I am! Games are only fun when you play them seriously, right!? So, c'mon guys! Let's enjoy this more! It's not often you get to play a killing game, y'know? Soooo, who's gonna be the next victim!? The game can't continue until there's another victim! So someone, start killing already! If you doooon't, then I'll kill someone instead! Just like I promised, got it!?"