14

"Are you alright? How are you feeling?" Kirumi asked you.

"I...still feel a bit sick.." you answered honestly. It was the day after Kaede's gruesome execution. You figured that the image was scarred into your brain and you'd never get it out.

"I see... So will you be skipping breakfast today?"

"...Nah, I still have to eat something, don't I?"

"That is very true... What about the other thing?"

You rested your head on the table. After the trial, Kirumi had confronted you in private. She was concerned about your odd behavior that had started up. Only to be expected from the Ultimate Maid, you thought. You didn't tell her all of the details, but you had decided to open up a little. "I still feel like I'm suspicious to everyone. We're all suspicious, I mean, but they still may think in the back of their minds that I did something...bad."

"Well, please let me know if you need any help with this, or if you need someone to talk to about it. I will gladly be at your service." You nodded and thanked her, and she walked away.

"You finally got rid of that emo hat!" you overheard someone say. "Is this 'cause Kaede died or whatever?"

"Quiet, you male!" Tenko told the other person. "Learn some manners, why don't you!?"

"Oh, huh, you're not wearing your hat. I didn't even notice," Kaito said plainly. Shuichi...doesn't have his hat? You looked up, and sure enough, he didn't. You just blinked at the male.

"And you could stand to learn some manners too, you insensitive jerk!" Tenko called out again.

"N-No, I just...felt like it was getting in the way is all," Shuichi responded. "...You don't have to stare... I just took off my hat, it's not a big deal..." He blushed as he said that. As the others started talking, you couldn't help but to just stare at Shuichi. He looked more confident, even if just a little.

Apparently you tuned out for a fair amount of time. Everyone sat down at the table while Kirumi was already bringing out the breakfast. "Hey," someone said at your side, "will you stop staring at Shuichi like that? You're gonna form a hole in his head." You looked over, only to find an annoyed Kokichi who had sat down next to you.

"Sorry," you replied simply. "Hey, why do you sound...annoyed...?? It's not doing anything to you."

The boy pouted. "No, it's not. Just...ehhhh!" He groaned before fixing himself a plate to eat.

"Hmph. Is someone grouchy this morning?" you questioned sarcastically while rolling your eyes. You picked up a few things and dropped them onto your plate.

"I dunno...! Why don't you tell me?" He began eating, and you did the same. You stayed silent while the other teenagers casually chatted. This conversation...definitely feels forced, you thought in your head. You remembered the image of Kaede's dead hanging body and immediately choked on a bit of food.

"Woah! (Y/N) are you okay!?" Kokichi questioned with a worried look in his face. He turned to the rest of the table. "Guuuuyyyssss!! (Y/N) over here is dyin—" You quickly clasped your hand over his mouth to keep him from saying anything else to embarrass you.

"S-Shut it..." You were blushing a bit out of embarrassment.

The boy next to you just took your wrist to pull your hand away from his mouth. "Nishishi! You know, (Y/N), you're really fun to play with!"

"..." You looked into his eyes. The scariest thing about this...is that I can't detect any lie here. "Kokichi, what is that supposed to mean...!?"