16

You groaned while sitting up in your bed. How did I get here? What happened? The memories that held the answer to your questions were all fuzzy and in a blur. And it's dark? It suddenly clicked with you that Kokichi had given his scarf to you. You pulled it off your eyes so you could see again. Your room was just about as dark as it was when your eyes were still covered.

Your door suddenly opened. You quickly lied back down, closing your eyes and pretending to be asleep.

"...Are they sleeping?" a voice whispered. You immediately recognized it as Monotaro's voice.

You opened your mouth, about to say something when Monophanie went to answer him. "I think they are... Hopefully they are."

"Shut your mouths before they do wake up!" whisper-yelled Monosuke. "This is our last stop. C'mon, and make it snappy." You heard something being placed on the table in your room. You lifted your body up a bit, trying to see at least something in front of you when the bed creaked.

"I think they're awaking...!" Monophanie squealed.

"Oh no!"

"Would you two cut it out!? Get the tranquilizer!"

"Mhm, got it!" There was the sound of something being shot before it finally it you. You gasped; you felt something sticking into your left arm. Unwillingly, you fell unconscious within an instant.
***

.
.
.
.
.

"Rise and shine, ursine!" the Monokubs said cheerfully in unison.

"OFFICIAL-ANNOUNCEMENT-FROM-THE-ULTIMATE-ACADEMY," Monodam spoke robotically. "IT-IS-NOW-8-A.M.. HAVE-A-WONDERFUL-KILLING-SCHOOL-SEMESTER-TODAY."

"If you b*stards haven't noticed already," Monosuke started, "we dropped off some presents in your rooms. Cower in fear! 'Cause hell starts here!"

"So long, bear-well!" The screen flickered off.

You sat up from your bed. Memories of what the Monokubs had done last night came back to you. Whatever they used must have been really strong to make me sleep in this late... You frowned. You looked down at yourself, seeing the tranquilizer dart in your arm. Nervously, you pulled it out—it came out in one swift motion.

"Now that that's taken care off..." Your eyes traveled to your table. This must be the 'present' the Monokubs spoke about. "Time for me to check this out, then." You walked over to your table, picking up what looked like a multicolored Monopad. The back of it read, 'Kubs Pad'. You weren't sure if you should trust it. ...I've got nothing to lose right now. Better watch this before I do have something to lose. You turned the Kubs Pad on, the screen flashing to life, starting to play...a video...?

The screen displayed the words '(Y/N) (L/N)'s Motive Video' in big letters. "Alright!" Monokuma's voice sounded from the device's speakers. "Back by popular demand, it's time for the motive video! Who's the most important person in your life? And now, without further ado..."

A picture of you and your mother came up. It was...a picture of when the two of you had gone out for dinner on that one night. Where and how did that stuffed bear get this!? "(Y/N) (L/N), the Ultimate...Truth Holder. Thanks to their keen eye for the truth in stuff, they have even been invited to all sorts of investigation agencies! How amazing! On the day after they had been given their talent, their dear, sweet mother went missing... Well, the team is happy to present the mother that went missing!" She's...alive?

The picture faded away, being replaced by another picture—one displaying your parent, sitting on the ground with her body helplessly tied to the wooden pole behind her with red rope. There was a pause button right in the center. "Wh-What the hell!?" you cried out.