13

"I'll prove my innocence to you guys!"

"I have an alibi."

"I'm not even a little bit suspicious."

"How could you all start to suspect me?!"

"I would never punch a foe from behind!"

"'Cause Atua is always watching me."

"What about the guy who wanted us all in the basement?"

"Do you really think that I would have time to kill?"

"A true Aikido master would never do something so dishonorable!"

"Atua...? Who that person?"

"What!? Are you talking about me!?"

"Suspect someone else, who's more able to commit murder..."

"Punching is permitted in Aikido!?"

"Atua is not a person. Atua is God."

"We were having a strategy meeting together, remember?"

"I was with two others for most of the time leading up to Rantaro's death...! C'mon, speak up and help clear my alibi!"

"Yes! Neo-Aikido even uses wooden swords!"

"Not person... Robot? Like Kiibo?

"Rantaro's the only person who left in the middle of it..."

"Wait... Kaito! Shut up!!"

"H-Huh!? Why!? I'm just tryin' to prove my innocence...and catch the culprit at the same time!"

"Kaito, you've spoken a fair share of bullsh*t, and this is just the first trial." You returned to your calm state, brushing some loose hair out of your face so you could see better. "I just now remembered what Maki had told me during investigation... Rantaro wasn't the only one to leave the meeting."

"That idiot already forgot," Maki put in. "Gonta also left during the strategy meeting."

"Yeah, he locked himself up in the A/V Room and—Hey, wait a sec! 'Idiot'!?"

"Is that right, Gonta?" Ryoma asked.

"Y-Yes, Gonta watch bug movie. To fill Gonta with fight, so Gonta can fight Monokuma," the entomologist replied.

"Gonta..." you said slowly, "...you know that you're now the most suspicious one out of us, right? Not to mention your lack of a steady alibi... Defend yourself, or we'll all vote on you—and if we vote wrong, we'll all die."

"Gonta swear all he did was watch bug movie!" he responded, growing panicked. Everyone gave him a look that lasted for a second. You knew what this meant, and started checking your truth bullets.
***

"See? This proves that no one could have hid in the library after killing Rantaro," Kaede explained to Ryoma, a satisfied smile on her face. She had just finished reminding everyone of the library photos.

"I see...but then, what about this other picture?"

"Huh?" The male she was speaking to looked at the picture you were dreading to be brought up.

"You see, this picture... It only has (Y/N) in it." He turned to you. "Care to explain?"

You flinched and tried to swallow a lump in your throat that you didn't noticed had formed. Everyone was looking straight at you. "Well... I went downstairs when Kaito's group ran down there to check what was going on. I stood next to the door to the room I thought they were in, and then I heard a noise coming from the library. I made my way there as fast as I could and...saw Rantaro..."