You're My Forever

Jerome twisted the ring on his finger, a smile adorning his face.

He remembered all the crazy things they did as kids, Mitch being territorial over his food (Wafer Day is today, by the way) and the trouble they used to get into.

He remembered all the stupid shit they'd done in high school before doing Awesome Sauce Films, where Mitch and him were way more inappropriate. He remembered the Minecraft days- oh, were they good- and all the great years after that.

He remembered when he first asked Mitch out:

He flew out to Montreal and quietly snuck in the house.

Getting on his laptop, he logged onto his server and texted Mitch to come online.

Where Mitch spawned was a huge picture of their two characters made by Jerome. The two avatars were holding hands, smiles evident.

Jerome typed a few words, telling Mitch to turn around.

Mitch's character turned around and Jerome said, "In real life, dummy!" from behind him.

Mitch squealed, leapt out of his chair, and hugged his best friend of more than a decade.

"Biggums, will you go out with me?" Jerome asked, outright.

Mitch smiled and nodded before asking, "Wait. How'd you know I was gay?"

Jerome laughed and said, "It's pretty obvious."

Mitch pouted, his bottom lip sticking out, which only made Jerome laugh more.

"Shut up!" Mitch demanded, and crept forward and kissed Jerome.

After they pulled back, Mitch repeated, "Shut up."

Jerome also remembered when Mitch proposed to him:

They were at a fancy restaurant (where Mitch was shoving his face in) and Jerome had set a ring in his glass, saying a heartfelt speech and getting an excited yes.

"We're the Hughes." Mitch said later that night, his head laying against his fiancé's.

Jerome scoffed, sitting up. "As if! It's either Mitchell Donald Ralph Aceti, or Mitchell Donald Ralph Aceti-Hughes!"

Mitch pretended to pout (which he always did) before giving up, laughing, and saying, "Mr. and Mr. Aceti it is!"

Jerome remembered the wedding, mostly happy crying and partying (where Mitch got WASTED), and the honeymoon was fantastic.

They went to Barbados (purely because they felt like it and duh-irony, BAJANcanadian) and spent half the time playing video games.

But Jerome loved the next big milestone in their lives:

They adopted a newborn girl, only one week old, and named her Lucille.

When she was four, they adopted another child- a boy this time- who was age 6, named Gavin, and he loved (and still loves) Lucille to death.

They were about thirty when they adopted Lucy, and now their kids are even older. Lucy married a nice man named Matthew, who has a good job and treats her like a queen. They had twins, Carol and Coral, and a boy named Robert. Gavin married a great guy named Garrett and they didn't adopt but are now living in the UK.

Jerome smiled as he remembered how proud of his kids Mitch always was.

Jerome turned around and traced the letters on the stone.

Mitchell Aceti | Jerome Aceti

1994-2068 1994-

Jerome stayed smiling. He would remember Mitch in his final days-looking horrid but not letting the cancer control him. He was happy as he could be, sitting in a hospital. When he finally died, Jerome was heartbroken but relieved Mitch didn't have to feel pain anymore.

Teardrops flew from the old man's eyes, behind his glasses, but the smile remained on his face.

His shaky fingers moved down a row and traced the next letters.

Together Forever; Love, Biggums.

Jerome leaned his head against the stone and mumbled, "I love you, Mitchell. You're my forever. See you soon."

The old man left a rose on the grave, replacing the old one from the day before.

Jerome visited the grave every day since his partner was buried.

He slowly rose and stared at the plot built for two.

He smiled wide before repeating his favorite phrase, even carved on their wedding rings.

"Together Forever; Love, Biggums."

~~~~

And so were the last words of Jerome Robert Aceti, who died of a heart attack straight afterwards and was found on top of where he was to be buried.

According to the woman who found him, he was smiling and one hand was on his husband's side of the grave.

{don't kill me I'm so sorry}

Thanks for reading! Please make sure to vote this up if you enjoyed it, and comment any ideas for one-shots or a link to a Merome one-shot you'd like me to add in here! Thanks you so much, I love you, catch ya later! ~FlowersForMitch