Deux•Two

Later that night, Jordan calmed down when the ambulance and the police came home, giving us that pity glance which enraged me. Wyatt had passed by but I threw him out or else I would have exploded right on him.

So many things happened in one day confusing me terribly. Oliver had settle down in the guest room and Jordan had done everything to keep his cool but it did not work so he had to go to sleep.

I was outside, sitting on the porch when I felt the shuffling of feet in front of me. I glared down at the military boots which belonged to Wyatt and did not dare to look up.

"Go away" I spat out but he only chuckled darkly, taking a seat next to me.

"I need to see what harm he caused to your mother. I need to see the body" He said in a whisper.

"Are you crazy?! That's my mother Wyatt! She's not a laboratory rat that you can examine, I won't let you near her!" I exclaimed suddenly feeling a rush of adrenaline pumping in and out of my veins. I stood up and walked inside, slamming the door in his face but he was faster, he took the opportunity to slide his leg in which enraged me and I slammed the door on his leg. He winced then started cursing me in a foreign language that I did not recognise. I had a talent to recognise every language even if I did not understand a word the person said. Curiosity took over me and finally giving up, I sighed and opened the door entirely allowing Wyatt to come in. After a round of glares and curses, I finally popped the question that had be running through my mind countless of time.

"What was that language you were speaking in? I never heard of this one before? It is Aymara? Are you from Peru?" I asked in a single breathe.

"Pomeranian" He said quietly.

"How have I never heard of this language before?" I asked him suspiciously. Was he investing a name of a language just to coax me?

"Because this language is extinct" He snapped at me, his eyes glaring darkly at me.

"Then why are you speaking it then if you are saying that it is extinct?" I persisted earning a scowl.

"That's none of your business Lana" He snapped and proceeded to walk father into the house.

"So is my mother Wyatt" I snapped back earning another scowl.

Good for him.

"I'll tell you once I finish with your mother, I swear on my father's head" He hissed out and with a sickly sweet smile, I gave him my hand to shake. His grip on my hand was tight, his big, slender hand was wrapped around my own, thing long fingers resting on the tip of my wrist. Something inside of me was fizzing around my respiratory system and my chest tightened when I felt a sudden spark rushing through my blood.

We instantly pulled from each other, eyeing each other weirdly. I glared at him and scoffed when he started walking upstairs.

"Do you think that I'm a moron?" I asked him. He stopped on mid-stair and stared at me debating whether to answer or not.

"Should I really answer this or...?" He asked tentatively.

"I'm not a moron Wyatt. My mom got assassinated by a lunatic and you think that I'd let her body in the house? It's my mom but still, it's a body! A dead one! The police took her to the morgue of the local hospital" I spat the last part angrily

He looked indifferent. He wanted to see the body.

I sighed and softened my eyes at him. For once I should be a good girl and help him out. If he wanted to get a look at the body, I'll take him there.

"I'll get Oliver to take us then. Jordan is sleeping so we cannot disturb him" I mumbled out which earn a grin from him.

Wyatt was handsome, everybody knew that but when he smiled it's like Katy Perry was singing 'Fireworks' in my stomach.