Cinq•Five

"Good morning Madame" I said politely letting go of Wyatt's hand and walking towards the elderly woman who was behind the counter where a stack of paper were not so neatly arranged.

"Good morning" She said, smiling at me.

"We'd like to get our schedule" I said motioning to Wyatt and I.

She nodded and raised a hand in the air, motioning us to wait.

Wyatt was sitting on the plastic chair near the glass door, his elbows plopped on his knees, face in between hands with a bored expression on. I smiled. He looked normal like that for once.

"Here you are! The school map, lists of books and your schedule. If you need any stationeries, you'll get them all in the library okay?" The lady asked and I nodded.

I took all the papers in my hands and gave some to Wyatt.

"Wait" I muttered and turned 360 degrees around, frowning.

"What's wrong?" Wyatt asked curiously, stepping closer.

"Where's Gael?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously Lana? You're concerned about her? Let's go already" He grumbled and grabbed my arm, yanking me towards the school entrance.

As we walked through the corridor, everyone stopped talking, walking and breathing.

They stared at us with wide eyes.

Wyatt stiffened next to me, glaring at all of them. His dark eyes trailing from one body to another as if he was inspecting their souls and their malefic minds. He was trying to get in their brain, play with psychic power he was given. He tried to control them until I place my hand on his arm and pinched him hard enough to make him snap back to reality.

He glanced at me then searched for his locker. Once, he find his and mine, we were separated. Wyatt's locker was next to a girl who was a blonde girl with small honey coloured eyes and a small body figure. She smiled at him politely and he nodded back. He's like that. Bit social. Quiet on his side.

"Hey, you're new?" A boy asked next to me.

I looked up and nodded at him. His intense crystal blue eyes watching my every movement.

"I'm Elliot, and you're?" He asked, smiling easily.

"Lana, my name's Lana" I muttered and he nodded.

"So you're doing the art class just after home room?" He asked causally while eyeing my schedule.

"Yeah, you're in the class?" I asked him with a slight smile and he nodded.

"You want to go together?" He asked as the bell rang announcing home room.

"I can't. I have home room on the other side, sorry" I said, smiling sheepishly.

"To Mr. O'brien?" He asked curiously, his lips tugging up in a smile.

"Yes!" I chirped back and he grinned.

"I'm going there too!" He exclaimed.

"So am I" Wyatt said from behind me. I turned around and smiled at him.

"Elliot this is Wyatt, a friend and Wyatt this is Elliot, erm...-"

"A friend!" Elliot chirped in, smiling at Wyatt and offered a hand.

Without hesitation, Wyatt took his hand in his and shook it strongly.

Elliot hide the pain behind a smile then let go of Wyatt's hand quickly.

About two minutes of awkward silence passed by before everyone started talking.

"Can't you leave us alone?" Wyatt said snappishly at the same time as Elliot asked him "What's the subject you do?"

"Wyatt!" I shrieked while glaring at him.

"He's following us, look how close he is to holding your hand!" He exclaimed aghast.

"Stop it!"

"He's so jelly!" Elliot and I screamed at the same time.

I rolled my eyes at Elliot while he gave Wyatt and sly smile which angered Wyatt more.

"Stay away from us. Stay away from her!" He hissed quietly and menacingly.

Elliot only rolled his eyes and placed an arm around my shoulders.

Wyatt's eyes turned black, completely black and then hell broke loose.

Wyatt's aura; I could not identify it!

"What have you done?!" I pushed Elliot away and backed away from Wyatt.

"Go get Oliver" I asked Elliot.

"Who?"

"Leave it, go get Gael!" I yelled at him and he nodded.

Wyatt started screaming from his lungs, a piecing sound of pure malefic.

His eyes were completely black, his was releasing a dark blue energy from his body and was shaking terribly. My heart hammered in my chest while I started seeing things in blue.

For once, I did not know what to do.

I could only stare at the boy before me who also did not know what to do.

He was out of control and his soul was wailing loudly. Out of anger. Out of unfairness.

"Wyatt, it's me, stop it please. Stop" I asked softly and took a step closer to him.

He was not doing anything wrong. He was just standing here, staring at me, while all sort of pure malefic energy were released from him.

I took a step closer and placed a hand on his shoulder while my skin burned.

"Wyatt?" I asked quietly and gently let my hand slide down, grasped his fingers between mine and stared up at him.

"I cannot" He chocked out blood and spit it all out before falling on his knees.

"What can't you?" I asked him quietly and bent down on my knees to look at him closely.

"They are coming Lana, they are coming" He said.

"Who are coming Wyatt? Is that because of Elliot? He did not mean it all, he was just being a tease" I said quickly while placing my head on his chest.

"Lana, Crane is coming" He said quietly and pushed me away to look into my eyes.

"Why?"

"Oh Lana, he only comes to kill and it is us that will be dead by the end of this month" He said and wrapped an arm around me.

Suddenly everything went back to normal, I could hear the normal sound of vacuum of the janitor. The whispers around us, the stares.

We went back to normal.

I stood up slowly and pulled Wyatt up.

Every single pair of eyes were glued on our entwined fingers.

"What?" Wyatt asked, his voice booming in the quiet corridor.

"He's fucking sick!" Someone said causing Wyatt to wipe his head around and glared at the boy.

"Let's go Wyatt" I said quietly and tugged on his hand.

"Let's go home Lana. This place is not for us" He spat out and took me away.

A security guard came yelling after us when we trespassed the property of the school in the middle of the day without any pass.

Wyatt grasped my hand tightly in his and we started to run fast.