02.the white haired man's wish

I woke the next morning, quickly put on some clothes, and ran downstairs. My mom was sitting in the common room. She had a gentle look to her that makes her look like an ancient statue, something you'd want to stare at forever. I could tell why every boy in Hogwarts wanted her, well not James Potter. My mom said James would always ask her and my dad for help to get Lily. I realized I was staring too long, so I walked over to the chair and sat beside her.

"Are you ready mum?" She looked up giving me a bright smile.

"As ever." She stood up and walked over to the fireplace. She grabs a crate that was deep-colored wood with a ruby outline. She slowly opened the box to view a gray powder.

"Grab some Floo powder and say where you want to go dear." I walked over and took a hand full of the powder. I then slowly step into the fireplace and said "Diagon Alley."

I then felt like my body was no longer attached to my head, then my stomach dropped almost 4 feet. A dark green color took over my vision, and the smell of burnt wood was all I could smell. Then the next second I was standing on the side of a rustic street with skyscrapers on every side. I did a twirl, taking in the sight of the magic and the smell of the new books. There was a light tap on my shoulder, I turned coming face-to-face with my mother.

"It looks different now that you are getting stuff for Hogwarts, doesn't it." She took in the same sight that just got done looking at. I nodded my head.

"Gringotts?" I looked at my mother, smiling like a mad man. We began to walk through the cobblestone street of the alley. I was finally going to go to my own vault since my mother has been hiding it from me. I knew it was like everyone else's but this one was mine and that was something that I was happy with.

I felt as if I had been walking forever, but I didn't mind the way my feet slightly burned or the blisters I could already feel forming, I was living my dreams as if they were real.

They were real now, my dreams are part of this reality.

After going to the Gringotts and getting all my books, it was time to get my wand, and I was to the moon about it. The idea of myself owning a wand was something I would never get over. I wanted to know what kind of wand I was going to have, it was like a game in my family, who could get the rarest type of wand and I wanted to beat Noah, big time.

As soon as I step into Ollivander's Wand Shop, I felt a feeling of magic but not just any magic, the kind that muggles believe in, more of a feeling than a thing. It was the purest form of magic, hope.

"Ms.Langston, good to see you again." I stopped to look at a man with white hair and eyes deep-set in his face but had a warm smile.

" I haven't heard that name in a while." My mom walked over to the man and hugged him, like a bear hug. How did he know my mom's old last name?

"Well, what is it now?"

"Greyheart." My mom had a loving look on her face, she was showing everyone that sometimes young love lasts.

"Oh, I sold you son a wand last year, a 9-inch Willow wood and a Unicorn hair core." I watched the man amazed, how could he know that? He got the wand 3 years ago. The man watched me closely and runs to the back of the shop. He then comes back with a red box that appeared as it went through a lot. Without a word, the white-haired man handed me the box. I open the book to see a wand that looks a little worn out, but still magical.

"9 inch Alder wood with a Unicorn core." I take the wand out of the box. I twirled it in the air and a nasty cloud of wind came out, not a good sign. The man takes the wand out of my hand and puts it back in the crimson box. He then runs to the back and brings another box, this one begins black not red. He takes out the wand and hands it to me.

"10-inch Dogwood and a Dragon core." I then twirl the wand the same way I did the last one. This time a weird crack sound came out but nothing happened. I handed the man the wand back. He put it back in the box and set it on the counter. He looked into my eyes, not saying anything. I shivered as he watched me, feeling my body caving in on itself.

"I wonder." The man got up and slowly walked to the back. He came out with a box but this one was so different from the rest. This one was white and looked clean like someone touched it recently but still had dust on it. He slowly undid the lock on the box. What is up with this wand if it needs a lock? He takes out a polished wand and hands it to me. The moment this one touches my skin, I felt an urge to run out of the store and do magic. I twirled this wand and a white light came out the end and twirled around me. I giggled. I looked up at the man to see him giving me their huge teeth kind smile.

"11-inch Applewood..." My mom glanced at him. He looked at her as he continued "Thestral core." My mom's jaw dropped. I looked at the adults, what the big deal.

"Dear, may I give you some wise word from an old man." The man was now looking at me. His smile never faded. I nodded my head and walked closer to the man.

"A clever person solves the problem and a wise person avoids it, my wish for you is that you become both." I looked at the man, he had a look of hope in his eyes, hope in me? He handed me the box and waved his hand as I walked to the door. My mom opened the door and I walked out. We walked across the cobblestone path, I turned and looked back at the small wand shop. The man was watching me, the hope in his eyes still there.

Clever and wise...

Second chapter done!
I really hope you enjoy the story cause I'm having a lot of fun writing it. This chapter was a lot of fun to write and it really builds up on the story line. I also pretty proud. Anyway I need to work on the next chapter but I really hope you enjoy.

love y'all 🧡

(edited)