06.a gryffindor tie

Disclaimer- I love all houses and I do not like the house stereotypes. In this story (Y/N) will be in Gryffindor, it will be a key detail in later books. I'm sorry if you are not in that house but (Y/N) is going to have friends from every house. I am no even a Gryffindor so yeah. Anyway I hope you like this chapter.

Once McGonagall came back, she lead us to the too huge huge doors she went threw earlier. She opened them with a swish of her wand. I couldn't help but look at the room in aw.

There were four huge tables, two on each side. Each table had a banner above it, each a different pair of colors. At the end of the hall was another long table. There sat what look like many different adults. The group of first years were walking down between two tables. I saw my brother wave at me. I waved back and let my eyes wander to the front. We all stopped in front of a stool with a hat on top. The hat looked like it's seen many years here at Hogwarts. Then the hat broke out in to a song. I jumped a little, bumping into Ron. He helped me stand up, then broke out into giggles. I hit his arm, but he didn't stop.

Once the hat was done McGonagall said she was going to call our names we walk up and the hat would put us in the best house for us. First was a girl named Hannah Abbot, who got into Hufflepuff. Many other's were sorted, including Draco.

"Saint, Hannah." I looked behind me. Hermione pushed Hannah up, I gave her a thumbs up when she passed me. She walked up the small steps. She sat on the stool. The hat took a few seconds.

"GRYFFINDOR." I clapped along with Hermione and the rest of the students in Gryffindor.

"Granger, Hermione." The took a deep breath, then walked up to the stool. The hat took the same amount of time it did with Hannah.

"GRYFFINDOR." The girl jumped off the stool and rushed over to the table.

"Weasley,Ron." I looked at Ron. His face was as red as his hair. He slowly walked up to the stool. The hat took no time before it knew where is was going to put his.

"Another Weasley, must be ... GRYFFINDOR."

"Hopkins, Haley." A short girl with fair skin and long dirty blonde hair passed me. She gave me a light smile, which I returned. She walked up to the stool. The hat opened it mouth before closing it.

"Better be... RAVENCLAW." The girl smile grew as she walked over to the table. She was soon surrounded by many boys at the Ravenclaw table.

"Potter,Harry." The whole room stopped. Everyone was frozen, even Harry. I gave him a light tap. He looked at be and then look back up front and walked to the stool. Him and the hat seem to be having a talk. Then out of now where the hat yelled.

"GRYFFINDOR." I could hear the Gryffindor table going crazy. I smiled to myself. I even saw Dumbledore clap, from what I read he just sat there the whole time doing noting.

"Greyheart, (Y/N)." In that moment Dumbledore stood up from his chair, making every head turn. I paused, why was he standing up at my name.

"Well, go on." He gave me a kind smile. I felt my face grown red. I slowly walked up to the stool. Once the hat was placed on my head, I felt all the fear I have ever felt hit me at once.

"On dear don't worry, there only one house you belong in." The hats voice was soft, which was odd.

"Gryffindor." The hat didn't yell but said it loud enough for everyone to hear. I looked over at the table to see my brother standing beside the table with his arms wide. I ran down and up to his arms.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, sis." I smiled. Me and Noah were always really close so it felt nice for hi to be proud of me. I walked over to Harry and Ron, Hermione and Hannah across from them. Harry smiled at me and shock my hand.

"Why so formal, Potter." He laughed at my word, which but a smile on my face. Since I was the last person to get put into there house, Dumbledore made a speech. I zoned out during most of it, but I did hear the word death somewhere in there.

"Let the feast begin." I looked over to see pile after pile of food. This really was a feast. I watch the plate appear in front of everyone. I grab the first thing I saw. I took a bite, I felt my eyes roll in to the back of my head. Now this is something I could get use to. I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see and red haired boy with a shiny small badge on his robes, he had a red and gold tie in his hand.

"For you, I also have a question." I took the tie from the boy and looked up at him, waiting for the question.

"You won't be as bad as your brother, will you." I laughed at the question, causing him face to turn to horror.

"Us Greyheart think alike." I smirked at the boy. I saw the horror grow on his face. I laughed as she sat next to Harry, his back now hunch.

I looked down at the tie in my hand. My brother left out this part. The feeling of having the tie made me feel apart of something. I wasn't Noah little sister or another Greyheart, I was (Y/N) a first year at Hogwarts. That was enough for me.

Now there were two Greyheart's in Gyrffindor

Hi!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I felt this chapter was kind of boring but it does hold events that you will need to know for later parts. I'm really sorry I didn't post yesterday but I had some weekend homework I needed to do.

I really hope you like the story so far. Please Vote and Comment.

love y'all 😌