Chapter 11: And the Plot Thickens

Chapter Eleven: And the Plot Thickens

Katherine

Have I ever told you guys that I will do absolutely anything for cookies? When I say anything I mean anything. Some things require more cookies than others, but all in all, it's the same results.

I would cause freaking suicide if someone gave me enough home-made (which are the best) cookies. That's why I never tell anyone this weakness of mine.

Except some people tend to figure it out.

So here I was, saddling up the horses so we could all go out to town with the Akatsuki. Sam said it was because she wanted to buy them something so they could entertain themselves. She then presented one of her home-made cookies (which are to die for). Tanith said it was just so she could show how we were surrounded by smexy criminals and how Eliza wasn't (she hated Eliza too). Again, I was presented a home-made cookie.

I was also given three extra cookies to bribe me into teaching the Akatsuki how to ride.

I really need to sort out my weaknesses.

Pein and Konan wanted to stay at home- or more like threatened us to leave them alone. I said they could as long as they didn't trash my house or do anything dirty.

I had a designated horse for each Akatsuki member and I thought I chose them rather well, each suiting the other's personalities.

I left Itachi with Jett; Kisame with Mini (her name's kind of a joke); Zetsu and Rose were together; Kakuzu was given Trojan; Hidan, Charger; Tobi, Lily and Deidara had Missy.

Missy and Charger are the feistiest ones we have being past brumbies. They only listened to me and Tanith.

Hehehe…

"First off, do any of you even know how to ride?" I asked.

Itachi grunted, swinging onto the saddle. I should've expected that… However, I didn't expect Tobi to raise his hands excitedly and practically jump onto Lily's back. Well at least that's one less idiot to teach…

You'd probably like to know the horses' personalities, huh? Well I already explained how Missy (a chestnut Brumby mare) and Charger (a grey Brumby stallion) were going to be the most difficult so I should probably tell you guys the others.

Jett was a sleek black Arabian stallion with a quiet, calm kind of personality. He was also very protective of his rider which we had been grateful of more than once and would not tolerate any rudeness directed at him.

Mini was a dapple grey Shire mare (see what I meant about her name being a joke?) with quite a sweet kind of temperament, but she had a need for speed and tended to get a bit restless, nonetheless she listened to your every order with joy.

Rose was our pretty bay Australia Stockhorse mare. She was sweet and very obedient, so as long as Zetsu didn't eat her, it was all good.

Our most prideful horse belonged to the title of Trojan, our beautiful grey (white) Andalusian stallion. He didn't take no shit from anyone and would use drastic measures to get a rider off if they did give him trouble. He was also a smart little sucker and could definitely escape if he wanted to.

Finally, Lily was our black tobiano paint filly. She tended to get in trouble with all of the other horses due to her mischievous, happy-go-lucky attitude. Sam had only broken her in a few weeks ago, so I was kind of glad Tobi knew how to ride because there was no telling what Lily would pull.

"Kay, first you have to get onto your horses," I said slowly, as if demonstrating to a child.

In demonstration, I swung onto Shadow's back before swinging off again to help them.