FRENESI

And pain gets hard, but now you're here and I don't feel a thing - If I Could Fly.

Mark took the A1 route to get out of Doncaster, then the M62 and headed to Knottingley. The twins were sitting in the backseat, quiet. As children, Louis and William played together, laughed and had fun. After teenagers, Louis must got boring to William.

"Your grandmother read in a catalog of universities that London is a great place to study medicine," Joahnnah said from the front seat, smiling. She was wearing sunglasses on top of her head.

"I know", said William. "But it's not much my vibe."

London that is not his vibe, Louis thought.

"Margaret was so excited about being able to go to London with you," Mark said. William took his phone in the pocket and checked something. Louis couldn't see what it was. "She wanted to show you what she saw in the catalogs."

"College is not a work of art to choose from catalogs," William grumbled. "And I already have one in mind. Grandma can take Louis."

Louis was silent, but he wanted to get William to shut up.

"Louis has not yet chosen a course," Joahnnah said. She turned a little, and smiled at her boys. "But you already choose, it would be nice to spend time with your grandmother, right?"

William nodded, and Joahnnah looked back to front.

The truth was that William wanted to leave the country, and Joahnnah was desperate. His mother didn't wanted William to move to another place, another country. Jesus, it was another continent. What if they embodied in William's accent? If he were a kind of European attraction?

Louis wasn't giving a shit for that, honestly. It would be good. Maybe William would come back home and go to McDonald's like a normal person.

Mark stopped at a gas station in Knottingley and they all got out. William was in the bathroom, and Louis and Joahnnah were in the convenience store. When they were picking out some cookies, Louis' phone rang.

He knew whose number it was, even if it showed him unknown on the screen. Louis struggled to not record that name on his head and his phone. He walked out of the shop, and watched Mark fill the tank.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

Louis glanced at the station clock - those that show the temperature too - and it was nearly 5pm. Harry was always calling or texting Louis at this time, at least for this week.

"We're not home."

"What?"

"Me and my family are going to Leeds," whispered Louis. "We're going to spend the weekend there."

"Oh"

Louis heard Harry's breathing on the other line. He glanced over and saw William coming out of the bathroom, checking his phone.

"You didn't know that?" he asked.

Harry's breathing was high.

"Um, no, I didn't," he paused. "Bye Louis."

And he hung up. Joahnnah left the shop, and William got into the car.

When they turned off the expressway, eating cookies, Louis wondered if William had a fight with Harry.

Harry didn't know the family was out of town, and William - as a boyfriend - would tell him, wouldn't he? And why was Harry so... weird? Louis didn't know. Sometimes he wanted to think about Harry a lot. Think about how they kissed and what he felt about him. But he hated the fact that all he could think of, it included William. There was no way to get rid of it.