CONTINUE

Your eyes keep pulling me in. - WOLVES

Harry hadn't moved for thirty minutes or more.

Neither did Louis.

They were just there, breathing.

"How was the taste?"

"Sweet... the smell too, somehow."

"And what do you remember?"

Harry paused. He tightened his arms around Louis and buried his face in his belly. The curls were wet, but Louis didn't care that they had soaked his sweater.

"Her smile," he took a deep breath, then sniffed. "She had not smiled for a long time."

"What was her smile?"

Harry was slow to reply. Louis looked up, waiting and feeling. Feeling the hands of Harry leaning against his back, feeling his weight on his body.

"People say it looked like mine," he replied, and his voice trailed off. He cried again. "But... but I don't know."

Louis didn't answer. He had no answer. How could a person who suffered a loss should be comforted? And such a loss? Louis didn't know what to do. He have never felt anything like that before.

"Where do you think she is?" Harry asked, after sniffing. The voice barely came out. He lifted his head and pressed his chin to Louis' stomach, where the rib began.

Louis looked at him. He wanted to touch Harry's hair.

"I'm sure in a very special place," he replied. Harry's face was so close he could see the red along with the green in his eyes.

"She deserves it," Harry buried his face in Louis's belly again.

He was not as uncomfortable as he looked. Louis had patience all the time. Drying Harry, dressing him and answering questions about life after death. Never, ever did he imagine that he could see Harry that way, but he was human after all.

Harry was so...

"Harry," Louis called out. He raised his hand and was almost touching his hair... almost.

He sniffed in response, and rubbed his cheek in Louis' sweater. His arms were still tight around his body.

"Harry," he called again. "go sleep a bit."

But he was silent.

"Come here, Harry," he pulled him by the shoulders, and made him lay his head on the pillow. "Sleep."

Harry grumbled. Louis felt cold after Harry stepped out of his lap, but it was time for him to sleep or settle down. If he stayed awake, he would never stop crying, and he looked so tired it would be easy.

He leaned his head against the pillow and closed his eyes. He grunted before he lay on his stomach, hiding his hands inside his chest.

"I think I can't sleep," the voice came out muffled, almost like a moan.

Louis looked at him. His hair was very messy and fell off the pillow.

"Close your eyes and try not to think about anything, sometimes it works."

Harry was silent for a few seconds.

"Continue."

"Continue what?"

"Keep talking."

"Talking what?"

"Anything."