Twins

Shawn was wrapping up the final show of his tour the day of your first ultrasound, so you had to go alone. It wasn't that big of a deal as he would be home the next day and you promised to tell him everything. He was like an eager little puppy, bouncing with excitement at any mention of the baby inside of you. Well, the two babies inside of you. That was something Shawn was yet to find out.

You pulled up to the arrivals section at Pearson in the Jeep, Shawn walking out of the airport and hopping in the car. A big smile was etched on his face as he leaned over the centre console to give you a kiss, right hand reaching over and rubbing your still-flat belly.

You held his hand as you drove back to the city, arriving home at the condo you now shared.

Shawn was radiating happiness, standing in the kitchen as you started making some pasta for the two of you to eat.

"Tell me everything, babe," he said, hands on your arm as you tried to stir the noodles. He couldn't keep his paws off you, had been away so long.

"Just wait, Shawn. I already told you it was good, everyone's healthy," you pressed, smiling at his eagerness.

You drained the pot and added in the sauce, plating the pasta and sliding one over to Shawn, seated at the kitchen island. You stood across from him, devouring your noodles as Shawn told you about the final show.

"Zubin was totally shredding it, and Mike's gotten so much better. The vibe was insane," he mumbled, paying no mind to your anxious state. You had to tell him.

"Shawn," you said, but it was no use.

"And the crowd? Holy fuck, babe. You should have been there. They were so loud," he rambled.

"Shawn, listen to me," you exclaimed, placing your cutlery down on your plate.

"What is it? Are you okay, babe? Do you feel sick?" he was immediately at your side, concerned you were having a pregnant moment.

"Shawn, at the ultrasound," you began, his face growing concerned, "the heartbeat was really fast, and then, then," you were freaking out.

"Then what, babe? What?" a look of horror washed over his face, unsure of what you were getting at.

"Then the doctor looked a little closer, and there were two," you said, staring at him.

"Two?" he asked, his face lighting up as his eyebrows lifted.

You nodded, "Yeah, two. We're having twins, Shawn."

He pulled you into his arms, bear-hugging you before leaning down and giving you a long, soft kiss.

"I'm gonna be a dad, like, times two? Really?!" his excitement continued, his smile growing larger than you'd ever seen it.

"Yes baby, a dad times two," you laughed, focusing your attention back to your pasta.