Lights On

The credits rolled as Shawn clung to your middle, face buried in your neck.

"That one really gotcha, eh?" you giggled, raking your fingers through his soft curls as he shook his head with a smile.

"Uh, no," he lied, grabbing the remote and shutting the TV off.

"Whatever you say, Mendes," you smiled, getting off of the couch and wandering into the bedroom. You brushed your teeth and ran a comb through your hair as Shawn crawled in bed, tugging the covers up to his neck. You rinsed your mouth and shut the bathroom light off, leaving the two of you in the pitch black.

"Babe, turn the fucking light on," Shawn firmly pleaded with you, causing you to burst out laughing as you flicked the light back on. You crawled into bed with him and he snuggled into your side.

"Can I be the little spoon tonight?" he asked quietly, breaking your heart as you tried not to giggle.

"Of course," you smiled, wrapping your small frame around his massive body and softly rubbing your hand over his.

A soft thud from the people living above you made Shawn jump and quickly sit up, heart racing.

"What the fuck was that?" he hissed, your shoulders shaking with laughter.

"Shawn, shh, it's fine," you smiled, snuggling into his strong chest. He fell silent for a few seconds, deep in thought.

"Babe, remember being a kid, and a movie would scare the shit outta you, and you'd have to watch cartoons or something?" he asked softly, fingers twirling your loose waves.

"Yeah, to get your mind off it," you replied quietly.

"Well, I have another way to get my mind off it," he smirked, flipping you beneath him and kissing you, hard.