Drunk and in Love

Thankfully, the walk home was only a couple of blocks. Had it been longer, you weren't sure you would have made it–especially considering the tanglement of limbs that you and Shawn seemed to be resembling.

You were already a few drinks in when he joined you at the club, each of you coming down from stressful work weeks. This encouraged a few too many shots of tequila.

And now here you were. Stumbling home together, drunk and in love.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" Shawn slurred as the elevator reached your floor. You placed your hands on your hips.

"Only every day, Mendes," you giggled, losing your footing and leaning against the mirrored wall.

"I love you," he spoke in a sing-song voice, tilting his head to the side and exposing his rosy left cheek to the overhead light. He began to make grabby hands, prompting you to give him a hug when the elevator doors began to close. Panic and confusion washed over his face as he turned to the buttons, scanning them for a way of opening them back up.

"Oh no," he whispered under his breath, running his fingers through his hair and looking a little lost.

"Babe," you giggled, the world spinning a bit, "s'this one."

You reached out and hit the green button, prompting the elevator doors to slide open. Shawn huffed out a breath of relief and clasped his chest, quickly pulling you out of the steel box and gripping onto your shoulders in the hall.

"Thank god," he grinned, "s'good practice. We can problem solve!"

He turned on his heel, fishing his keys out of his tight pocket. You trailed closely behind.

"Practice for what, bub?" you asked, gripping his forearm and resting your head on his broad shoulder as he fumbled with the lock.

"When we're parents, silly," he spoke nonchalantly, twisting the key and pushing the door open.

Your giggles only heightened, leading Shawn to turn around and look at you with a grin and a raised brow.

"What?"

"Shawn, we can't be parents," you mumbled, "we're too young."

"I don't mean now," he smiled, stepping toward you and pulling you into a warm embrace. "I mean, like, eventually."

You didn't say anything. You just stood there, fully consumed by his bear-like frame, enjoying having him wrapped around you.

"Babe?" he muttered in your ear, pulling you from your daze.

"Mm?" you hummed, slipping out of his grip and stepping back to get a look at him.

"Wanna get on it?" he giggled with a sly smirk, slipping his t-shirt from his torso and abandoning it on the kitchen floor.