"Tell Me"

"Seriously babe, what's wrong?" Shawn asked, concern lacing his voice as he set the guitar on its stand and patted the cushion beside him. You walked over to the couch, plopping yourself down and slumping against his firm frame.

"It's nothing," you mumbled, pulling your knees up to your chest.

"I won't stop asking until you tell me," he smiled, leaning a little closer.

You sighed, tilting your face to look at him. He was already so stressed and you desperately didn't want to add to his troubles, so you'd failed to mention that you dropped out of calculus.

"Baby," he whined, drawing out the 'y' as he wrapped his arms around you and gave you a little shake.

"Shawn, stop," you pleaded, unable to fight the smile creeping up your lips at how adorable he was being.

"Tell me!" he teased, attaching himself to you and pulling you to lay down on the couch.

"Shawn, no!" you laughed, covering your eyes as tears stung the back of your throat.

"Oh, babe, no," he spoke, face falling as he noticed a tear roll down your cheek. "C'mon, I love you, so you can't be sad!" he said softly and enthusiastically. You sniffled, causing him to push up on his elbow and dip his head closer to yours.

Before you knew it, he was peppering every inch of your face with kisses, a smile tightening his lips.

"Shawn, okay, okay, I'll tell you!" you laughed, fighting his death grip. You sighed, meeting his now-serious gaze before speaking, "I dropped calc because I was failing."

"Oh," he said, looking into your eyes as his face lit up.

"That's okay, babe. More time to spend with me," he smiled, planting a final kiss on your lips.