Introduction

100 years ago, Hybrid Island was found a few hundred miles off South Korea. The inhabitants were not what were expected. Scientist debated over if they were animals or people. Finally they agreed on both. The inhabitants were hybrids. For the most part they're people but they have characteristics of whatever species is apart of them.

Sadly, not much is known about them anymore. The hybrids were exposed to the rest of the world shortly after their discovery. The ones that were part domestic animals were a bit timid around people but weren't a danger. But the ones that were part undomesticated animal were not as easily adjusted. They often hurt humans which began scaring the people. Soon people began protesting, wanting the hybrids to return to their island and not be apart of human society anymore. Hybrids were eventually sent back to Hybrid Island and haven't made a public appearance since.

To this day, people are taught about the short year that hybrids lived among people, although most of what's taught is the negative experiences humans had with hybrids. But the good deeds done by some of the hybrids had been almost completely forgotten. Once a cat hybrid attacked a kidnapper from taking a young girl when his instincts kicked in. Another time, a dog hybrid chased after a robber after she saw an elderly woman had her purse stolen. But even with all those good things, many people wanted all hybrids gone. People hate them now even although nobody's alive from that time.

Except me. I'm the only one who loves learning about them. I'm the only one who doesn't hate them. I'm grateful for them because that little girl saved by the cat hybrid was my grandmother. If that cat hybrid hadn't been there who knows if I would even exist now.

I've always wanted to go to Hybrid Island but I never thought I could. Until one day my parents said they would pay for me to go. It's times like this that make me love having rich parents.