Chapter 4

"I'd say you're crazy." He said pouting as he sat on his bed.

"Say what you want..." I said, flatting my tiger ears down until they disappeared, doing the same with my tail.

His eyes grew unbelievably large as the realization hit him.

"You're a- a hu- a human?" He exclaimed in disbelief.

I quickly ran over to him, practically tackling him causing him to fall backwards onto his bed so I could cover his mouth.

"Yes I'm a human but shhhh!" I said keeping my hand over his mouth.

"Please don't say anything! I don't know who's hostile towards humans and who isn't." I said.

He gestured for me to move my hand away.

Please don't freak out...

He laid speechless for a minute before slowly moving his hand to the top of my head to touch where my tiger ears used to be.

"You're really a human." He said as if he was trying to wrap his mind around it.

"Yeah..." I respect as I smiled at him.

"I can't believe I'm talking to a human. This has been a dream of mine for so long." He said cracking a smile.

"Will you please get off of me?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Oh! Yes of course! I'm sorry!" I exclaimed, moving myself to sit next to him on his bed.

"It's alright. How did you get here?" He asked.

And from there I told him how I'd wanted to come to Hybrid Island for a long time and about how I arrived on the boat.

"I can't believe this. I didn't think any human liked hybrids especially enough to come here." He said, starring at me in amazement.

"Just imagine my surprise when I found out the first hybrid I met thought the same as I do." I said with a chuckle.

"This is amazing!" He said smiling.

Suddenly his eyes grew huge.

"Namjoon and Jin." He said, standing up and beginning to pace the room.

"What about them?" I asked, confused by his change in attitude.

"I don't know their feelings towards humans." He said looking at me worriedly.

"It's ok I can just change back- with my pills... that I left in my bag... in a tree outside the city..." I said, dropping my enthusiasm.

"Do you remember which tree?" He asked.

"I have an idea of where it is. I remember I used a sharp rock to scratch at the bark so I could find it." I said.

"Ok, well, we can just go get your bag!" He said quickly looking under his bed.

"Here! It'll hide your missing ears." He said handing me an old hoodie.

"Ok." I said while putting it on.

"Hopefully we can sneak out without them noticing your tail is gone." He said, looking through his doorway.