Chapter 8

"Namjoon!" Seokjin repeated louder.

Namjoon slowly lifted his eyes before heading for the stairs. Seokjin followed quietly leaving the rest of us confused.

Seokjin's P.O.V.

What's going on with him?

I continued to walk up the stairs at a quiet pace, following him into his room. He sat down on his bed, not even realizing I was there. Leaning against the doorframe I spoke up.

"Namjoon?" I asked as his eyes shot up at the sound of my voice.

"What happened back there? What's going with you?" I asked making my way over to him.

Once I was sitting next to him, he took in a deep breath.

"You know how we were taught that, humans didn't do anything for us? Other than abuse us. And when we were sent back it was no different?" He asked.

I nodded as the stories flooded back into my brain.

"Well... that's not completely true..." He trailed off.

"Don't tell me. You're immortal and you were there when it all happened, weren't you?" I asked jokingly.

He scoffed and hit my arm.

"YAH! Be nice to me! I am older than you! Well, unless you ARE immortal..." I trailed off as I began chuckling.

He stayed quiet.

"Ok serious time. Right. Go on." I said trying not to laugh at my own comment.

"When I was younger, I came home from school one day and told my grandfather how we learned about humans being mean to us, when they discovered us and when they sent us back. After telling him that, he told me a story. He said how when he was just a cub, him and his parents were being sent back, by the man that owned them originally. Although the man loved them and took great care of them, when it became a law that we couldn't live outside our island, he brought my grandfather and great grandparents back. My grandfather said that the man did everything in his power, to protect my grandfather and great grandparents. And when they were being abuse by guards, the man defended them. Up until my grandfather passed away, he would always tell that story while reminding me that although some humans were bad, there were many that did everything they could to protect us. So no. I don't hate humans and I don't think I ever could." He ended, rolling in his lips.

"Wow. Why did you never tell me Joon?" I asked.

"The debate over humans either causes friendships or wars, and if we disagreed, I didn't want to start a war inside our friendship. I just decided to not bring up the topic in fear it'd come between us." He said, looking at the ground.

I drapped my arm across his shoulders, giving him a light squeeze.

"Nothing could come between us Joonie. Especially not a difference in opinion." I said gaining a smile from him.

I raised my left hand up, keeping it flat. He responded by doing the same with his right hand, pressing his against mine.

"Leaders for life." I said, squeezing my fingers in between his.

"But friends forever." He finished, closing his fingers down on my hand.

We smiled as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"We should go back and you can answer Y/N's question." I said, ruffling his mane with my right arm that was still drapped over him.

"Do you know why she asked that?" He asked.

"If I tell you, will you promise to act surprised when she tells?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Ok well, she's a human." I said biting my lip as I watched his expression.

His eyes became big.

"Really?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yeah!" I said smiling.

"Well then let's go!" He said with enthusiasm while standing up.

"Alright!" I said as we began to walk out of his room.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"What was that all about?" Tae asked once Namjoon and Seokjin were seen coming down the stairs.

"Don't worry about it, Taehyung." Seokjin said.

I cautiously looked up at Namjoon to see him smiling at me.

Oh my goodness dimples!

"I don't hate humans, Y/N." He said.

"Ok good!" I said as I flattened my tiger ears down once again, and doing the same again to my tail.

Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook's eyes grew huge as the rest just smiled. Seokjin elbowed Namjoon causing him to stop smiling.

"Oh right! WOW!" Namjoon said in a fake surprised voice.

"Seokjin told you?" I asked.

He chuckled and nodded.

"So, back to my question. Do you wanna become apart of the MISFITS?" He asked, still smiling.

"Even though I'm a human?" I questioned.

"As long as only we know, it doesn't matter. If anything we'll have an advantage with you." He said.

"Ok then, yes, I will join the MISFITS!" I said as they crowded around me, whooping as Taehyung pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so happy!" He whispered into my ear.

"I am too!" I whispered back.

(A/N: sorry this is kind of a shorter chapter, most of the others are pasts 1,000 words, but this one isn't even 900. And towards the end I feel like it sucks🙃 But I tried and I wanted to get this chapter out since the last one kinda ended on a cliffhanger. Anyway I hope you like it!)