Chapter 1

To get to Hybrid Island I needed to fly to South Korea first. I hugged my parents goodbye and got on a plane. After landing I had a long bus ride all the way to Haenam in southern South Korea. Once I got off the bus, a small boat my parents rented for me ahead of time was waiting. I got on and we soon left the dock.

Almost there!

I said to myself in excitement. Reaching into my backpack I pulled out a bottle of pills.

Take one pill daily to become a hybrid.

I have these pills because when hybrids and humans met, neither side had a good experience with the other, so I don't want to end up in any sort of danger just in case hybrids are hostile towards humans.

I took a pill, and got into bed. Covering myself in the blankets I grabbed my phone and found a picture. The only known picture of a hybrid. The one that saved my grandmother.

I began studying his features. It's an older picture so it's not great quality but it's something at least. He's Asian, which makes sense considering he lives off South Korea. He was probably in his late 20s or early 30s at the time. I know it's weird but he's kind of attractive.

He's dead now. What are you thinking?

I turned off my phone, closed my eyes, and was soon asleep.

The next day when I awoke I quickly ran to the mirror.

"Orange and black striped cat ears and..." I turned slightly. "an orange and black striped trail! I'm a tiger!" I exclaimed.

I sat admiring my new hybrid form for awhile until I felt my stomach growl. I quickly put on a hoodie and sweatpants, making sure to hide my tail in one of the legs and my ears in my hood.

I walked out of my little room making my way to the kitchen. Pouring myself some cereal I heard the captain call out.

"We'll be there in about three hours." He said.

"Ok! Thank you!" I said beginning to eat.

Once I finished, I walked back to my room to put away everything I took out.

Hybrid pills? Check. Bag of snacks? Check.

I continued putting things away until the room was the same as when I came in. "There we go!"

I decided to get my phone and multiple portable phone chargers charged in case there's no electricity on Hybrid Island, which I doubt there is.

Time skip

"Alright Y/N! Get your bags! You'll be getting off in about 20 minutes!" The captain called.

"Ok!" I said, quickly throwing my portable chargers and phone charger in my purse, shoving my phone in my pocket, and grabbing all my bags.

I ran up to the railing as the boat slowly made its way to the shore. Soon the boat stopped. I climbed off the boat and made my way through the tide, soon ending up on the sand.

I'm here!