Prelude

-

Franklin 'Frankie' Diaz paced his Italian tile carrying a glass of wine in one hand while holding a 9mm in the other, paranoia slowly taking over his spirt.

Sweat dripped down his golden skin as he found it hard to breathe, there was too much weight he had on his chest to even think about sleeping.

He'd been locked up in his home for days spending time with his children and making love to his wife while awaiting the unavoidable.

Frankie had taken over 3 dozen lives and now that karma had come back and his luck had begun to change, he knew what it was like to be on the receiving end.

Frankie's wife Sasha sauntered down the stairs in at black silk bathrobe while holding their six month old daughter, Alexis. She'd tried to play off her fearfulness wanting to stay strong for her kids but something just didn't feel right.

"Baby, come back to bed. Juan and Michael said they'd get back to you in the morning, you're being paranoid" Sasha said attempting to talk her husband down from whatever breakdown he was on the verge of.

Franklin took one look at his wife and slammed the wine glass he was holding on the ground - spilling the red liquid in the glass all over the floor.

"Don't tell me what to fucking do! You don't know how this works, I should've never sent boys to do a mans job!" Franklin yelled using the 9mm to scratch at his eyebrow.

Sasha backed up and gently bounced her baby daughter to sooth her before she could cry from her father's sudden yelling. She was most worried about her older children waking up and stumbling downstairs to see their father like this.

Unlike Alexis, Chantel and Quincy were seven and four and old enough to be alarmed at their usually happy fathers behavior.

"Frankie, you're scaring me, please stop" Sasha said feeling her heart racing. Franklin wiped some of the sweat off of his forehead before running his fingers through his silky jet black hair.

The lights from a car pulling up into the driveway distracted him from his tantrum and he moved towards the curtains and peeked out.

Franklin's right hand man Gino stepped out of the black car wearing a white dress shirt with blood splattered all over it. Gino clutched a gun in his hand as he and a few men made their way up the front steps.

"Take Alexis upstairs, Gino is here" Franklin said as he clenched his jaw tightly and balled his hand into a tight fist making his knuckles turn white.

Sasha clutched Alexis in her arms thinking back to the last time she'd seen Gino three months ago. Frankie had found out about their affair and had flipped his shit, taking it as far as pistol whipping his best friend in front of his crew.

Sasha had wanted to hurt Frankie after finding out he'd been fucking one of those chicks that ran with his crew and fathered a baby. He had a whole other life on the side, one he wasn't afraid to share with his side of the family.

Gino had been there to comfort her over the past year in anyway she needed, once Sasha had become pregnant with Alexis she was unsure on who the father was up until three months ago when the DNA test confirmed it was her dirty dick husband.