Chapter Twenty Seven. Man Down.

Prince Davis

-

"You still avoiding Alexis?" My mother questioned as she came out to my basketball court with a bottle of Gatorade.

"Nobody is avoiding her, I just need some time to myself. We're good" I assure as I dribbled a basketball and she frowned.

I was a very reserved person and when I was feeling shitty I didn't like to be around anybody. I took my anger out on the wrong people, and that's why it was best I just calm down on my own.

"Well your friends are here" She said as I stopped dribbling the ball and held it in one hand.

"Who?" I asked just as Martin, Quincy and the snitch Ralph joined me outside.

My mother sensed I was about to say something to her so she threw the Gatorade bottle at my chest and went back into the house before I could start.

"Why are you always letting people in my house?" I called after her as she opened the door.

"You're never here, this is my damn house now" She said boldly and I raised an eyebrow.

Quincy hit the ball out of my hand and began to bounce it while I looked at all of them.

"What did y'all come over here for?" I questioned stealing the ball back from Quincy and shooting it into the hoop.

"To check up on ya. Martin also wants to say something to you" Quincy said nodding towards his younger brother.

I sighed and tossed the ball to Martin before opening up my Gatorade while he contemplated his words.

"My anger wasn't really on you, and I apologize for taking it out on you for no reason. You ain't deserve that shit" he said placing his hands on his hips like apologizing was hard for him.

"It's good, don't worry about it" I said attempting to shake it off but he still insisted.

"With everything going on, we really need you. We found out a lot of shit and right now it's only us and Ethan" Martin explained.

"Can we move this into the house? It's hot as hell out here, I'm about to strip naked" Ralph complained as he pulled his shirt off and used it to wipe his face.

I smacked my teeth and Martin dropped the ball and I led them into the kitchen. My mother was preparing lemonade like we were in a movie and it made me side eye her.

"Mama, what you doing? You don't never do shit like this" I said calling her out and she looked at me playfully shocked.

"I can't fix your friends something to drink?" She asked with an attitude.

"No. You can't" I said and she pinched my arm before going on her way leaving the drinks out.

"Well I'm going out to eat lunch with a friend. Don't worry about me!" She called as she grabbed her purse and left out before I could investigate.

"You grow up and leave the nest and all of a sudden your parents think they can go out and be all grown and shit" Martin said shaking his head.